Class Leaders Discussion

Angus_Og

Who is my class leader you might ask, well that is being discussed right now by the officers. Please be patient, I am sure once they hammer out the leaders they will post them for all to pounce on.

Please, if you have thoughts on class leaders and those you have learnt from within the guild, we, officers, would love to hear from you. This is by no means a closed discussion. We would very much value your thoughts and input. Oh, by all means, please feel free to name names, this is a great way to show encouragement, something our guild is good at. So if someone has helped you become the best <insert_class_name>, sing their praises. I am sure it will be a blessing to them and it will allow others who are working on that class to know who has already been mentoring the class in question.

I will post and name names. John Sr has been of great help while I was leveling Angus, my lock.

As far as my priest I am sorry to say that there was no outstanding help in the path she took. But Anita and Shuranda where of help when I briefly stepped over the line into healing.

And of course I could not leave my rogue out. Adam and a couple of others gave me insight as far as talents went.

Overall though everyone has helped me in one way or another in builds I have thought about.

With my hunter, I have always received great insight from Adam.

While I do not consider myself to be a noob as a pally any more, I would like to put forward Connor's name to lead this class. (That is even thought he seemingly convinced Blizz that pallies should be holy tanks.) ;)

Adam,

Can you move the class discussion posts into a new "Class Leaders" thread? We are quickly hijacking this one and this topic will (I hope) have lots of discussion/posts.

I've always went to Randy on his mage for general Mage questions. A class leader for the Mage Class would be rather hard to choose from imho. We have Zenoir who is a great fire mage and Durruck who is a great frost mage. Randy said that he probably won't be playing Durruck that much though when BC comes out due to how many Mages. Honestly, I really couldn't say who. Let that decision be made by the "higher ups" in the guild. lol. That is something I couldn't choose from.

Trust me, it's not from a lack of desire to play my mage, just a lack of positions in most runs. However, whatever parts I can solo quest/grind, I will. I just don't anticipate being the first frost mage in the guild to hit 70.

I just don't anticipate being the first frost mage in the guild to hit 70.

That shouldn't have anything to do with being a class leader though because I vow to be the first frost mage to 70 if I don't make a Draenei Mage. :D

To recap the feedback in this thread:

Warlock: John Sr
Priest: Anita, Shuranda
Rogue: Adam
Hunter: Adam
Pally: Connor
Mage: Randy, Adam

I would like to provide a bit of input here. While I like my rogue and mage, I would not consider myself the best of those particular classes. Let me explain my thinking when it comes to class leader. The following is only my opinion, please feel free to add or subtract from the list as you feel fit:

- Time spent playing the class
- Interest in its future
- Expanding your knowledge of that class
- Understanding of that class' particular role in the various fields of play: PVP, solo/grind, Raiding (5, 10, 20, 40).

If I use this list, the only one class I feel comfortable or a vested interest, is the hunter class. I would like to add my two cents of who I have seen with a love for the class and desire to see some of the other points I listed.

Rogue: Shane - hands down but he doesn't play anymore. The only other rogue I have spent any time with is Moon.
Mage: Sheri and Randy
Druid: Neirai (though we might have to start considering sub classes with each class cause John can't heal to save our lives ;)
Warrior: Tinie and Guilo

By no means is this a definitive list just what comes to mind. Lets keep this going.

Druid: Neirai (though we might have to start considering sub classes with each class cause John can't heal to save our lives ;)

I was going to point this out actually, but you beat me to it. The main reason I'm not going "oooo oooo pick me pick me" is because I'm really the "UNdruid" class leader in the guild... I haven't been a druid since like 1.4... lol

I'm wondering if maybe the druid leadership should be split between myself and another seasoned resto druid. Oh... wait... okay, then me and Spydermonkey or Jaid. Then Jaid/Spydermonkey could teach players to heal, and I could teach u 2 b for bare durid.

Anyhow, I'm somewhat ambivilant--there really aren't any druids around for me to teach... they're either my college mates (who don't listen to me,) someone's alt, or my sister (see college mates.)

Anyhow, that was meant as a joke --- what I'm curious about is... what would "class leadership" imply?

The reason I brought it up and posted was that from L1-L59 Blizz has you play one way. Then at L60 they turn the tables around almost 180 degrees on you and you have to learn, for the most part, how to play a different way.

Raids become more important then quests when you hit L60. Even as we move on to L70 in TBC the instances/raids, I believe, will still require the skills that are needed for L60 content. Class leaders will be there to help people that play their same class to prepare themselves for L60+ instances/raids. What gear they should go for and how to play their characters in these runs need to be passed on to newer L60s and for those that wish to do it when they hit L60.

I know there are websites out there that can help us with gear, but sometimes interaction with someone that has been through this class and knows what to look for is more helpful then the website.

I wouldn't sweat them not listening to you John... eventually they'll see that you're far more uber as a feral druid than they are, and they'll want to know your secret.

That deep deep understanding of how the class words, how to spec, how to gear, how to play... that's what the class lead needs to understand. I would offer to be a feral druid lead, but I know that you beat me, hands down. You understand the implications of the different specs, how the different abilities will affect my agro-generation, etc.

I'm going to go ahead and throw my name into the Mage group as well if no one minds. I'm sure this will all be voted on by Officers anyway. I was just going to sit back and see who was nominated, but I think it's time for me to step up to the plate here. The only thing I don't have a firm grasp on is 40 man content, and that may be my only set back. I understand all the trees, how to spec, why to spec it, etc. Other than the 40 man content, I'd say I'm doing very well with the Mage class.

The reason I brought it up and posted was that from L1-L59 Blizz has you play one way.

One way? funny, I don't remember doing that.... lolz!

I wouldn't sweat them not listening to you John... eventually they'll see that you're far more uber as a feral druid than they are, and they'll want to know your secret.

Heh... I wasn't meaning to sound annoyed... lol..
actually, my main beef is that there really aren't many 60 druids, and those of them that are 60 are either resto or are Randy and he sorta knows how it works.

But, I know that won't always be true.

Last edited:
well for Druid i think Neirai is uber :eek:) as for Balance I think erron my druid has been the only one to dare try that spec :eek:) alas I have been taken over to the dark side or possibly not :| . I created and now have a 60 frost mage that I have been playing quite regaly . since I have compleated and have finnished off more level 60 quests with my mage mostlikely I will be contiueing to level to 70 . as for mages there seems to be a few of us reasonable, sammage, ect

actually, my main beef is that there really aren't many 60 druids, and those of them that are 60 are either resto or are Randy and he sorta knows how it works.

Hey, hey, hey. Kitty Spec'd Feral here, 14/32/5.

I THINK the role of class leaders would be to help out newer members of that class as they start raiding. As was said above, the game changes at 60, and I would think it will change even more now with TBC coming out. Having a class leader would allow newer players of that class to have someone to go to to ask questions. You also don't need to have all the answers if your spec'd differently, but you can point them to a veteran player who plays that way.

The Forgiven has grown alot since I joined this summer and we have more players wanting to do the end-game content. Having a class leader there to answer their questions, or to give suggestions is a good idea.

I THINK the role of class leaders would be to help out newer members of that class as they start raiding. As was said above, the game changes at 60, and I would think it will change even more now with TBC coming out. Having a class leader would allow newer players of that class to have someone to go to to ask questions. You also don't need to have all the answers if your spec'd differently, but you can point them to a veteran player who plays that way.

Personally, I think Kirjath hits the nail on the head. I know that in the past, guildies on their first major raid have been a bit lost as to what they're supposed to do in response to loot and bosses --- kind of like a player on their first instance run.

I'd be more than happy to help our druids get raid-climatized. :)

I'll also give anyone who asks info on what a rogue should do in a raid. I've been alot over the past months and learned everytime I've been there. If there's any rogue looking to go raiding check here first :)

Back