Cheats?

E

Ethan

Do you think a lot of people use maphacks and other possible fast build cheats on Battlenet? I mean, I know there are a lot of great players out there but sometimes I gotta tell yah..it just seems unreal.

Eh? Maphacks, yeah, there's a decent amount of people who use them, although I'd say that most of the people don't use them. If they do, it's pretty obvious, but most good players will scout actively, and in all honesty, maphack doesn't give THAT big of an advantage. Fast build hacks though? That just doesn't work. This and the related topic of gold/lumber hacks - it simply doesn't work in the battle.net framework. If someone used something like that, then the game will immediately desync (and b.net would detect the cheater and most likely take some sort of action against him). It's the same situation as the mythical "mineral hack" in Starcraft. There's just no such thing in multiplayer.

Blizzard twice now has deleted over 100,000+ accounts of map hackers so I know they are out there but I think there are a lot less of them now that Blizzard is doing something about it.

Often you assume someone is map hacking but then you watch the replay and you find the Shade or sentry wards in your base and feel dumb.

I see....thanks for the input guys...I suppose I should watch more replays I always forget to save them.

Back