Cartographer alts?

skvsr

I have been using Cartographer for some time and it started messing up on me when I ran the WoWAce Updater. So, upoon checking the forums i see it is no longer supported since its author has gone over to Curse Gameing. They have a new Cartographer for the Curse members - Cartographer3.

What are you using and why?

Is anyone still using Cartographer and why or why not?

I am gonna check out some other map programs - I do like TomTom movable coordinate box and have been using Lightheaded to assist with quests. They both work well without cartographer.

I have used Lightheaded but found it used a lot of RAM. does TomTom have an actual interface yet or still all command line?

I have Cart installed, works just fine for me. no idea what version though and not 100% sure what it does for me :p should check into that. I shall report back with hopefully more helpful info.

that's odd. WoWACE and CurseUpdater actually pull their updates from the same server (WoWAce is hosted by Curse). You may want to switch to CurseUpdater because I know it can pull WoWAce mods.

Thanks for the replies. I went to Curse Gaming and dl'd Cartographer and now it is working fine.

TomTom does 2 things - moveable coord box and when questing with LightHeaded it gives a good arrow to follow when you click on the coordinates given in Lightheaded. The nice thing about LH is that it gives the writeups from WowHead.com. It does eat a lot of memory, tho...

found more info. Cart 3.0 is not a replacement for the other Cart version. it's a totally different tool according to the description on the Curse site.

I use curse for tracking items in a town like banks, trainers, etc... and it has the guild location thing also to should where guildies are even if not in a group. I like the Foglight that shows the whole map without having to explore it all, couple addons to track where i find stuff like special fish, mines, herbs, etc....

Back