Can you be a homosexual AND a Christian?

But who says that Pauls letters are inspired by the holy spirit and therefore inerrant? And isn't the infalliability of Paul the foundation for the rule of Popes - which all other denominations of Christian now question?

If this Pope is wrong, then aren't all other Popes capable of error - even to the first Pope. Even to his peer, Paul?

You can tell me that Jesus - who was supposed to have BEEN god was inerrant and I can see how that might have been, but to suggest that each one of the disciples was inerrant too... Especially when Peter and Thomas doubted and especially when Judas betrayed Jesus.

They were men and an attempt to make them anything more smells of a cult - which is what early Christianity was. I think there's a danger of early church propaganda obscuring the theology here.

Are we opening pandoras box in was Paul the first pope. I haven't researched it but I know there are a few sites that say differently, but we can't trust them their anti-catholic, that would be like trusting a gays interpertation of the bible, its a biased opinion and all his facts must be wrong. But growing up catholic we were taught that paul was the first pope, of cource my bible classes would usually be us sitting there for a few and then sneaking out to play football, or hockey, so what do I know.

I believe Eon is referring to Peter, but that's besides the point. Maybe we should have another thread on what the Doctrines of Inerrancy and Inspiration hold. In no way am I saying those men were infallible; rather, as they penned the pages of the Bible, they were under the Divine inpiration of the Holy Spirit. In other words, God preserved them from ALL error in recording His truth--the Bible.

yea maybe I should go back to school, but it wasn't my fault I wrote it at 4am during my morning banana break

Yes, sorry. I edited the post and somewhere along the line the fact that I'd started talking about Peter and inerrancy generally got lost.

Stupid brain. :(

WOW you guys

Ok, all of those trying to refute otherwise need to be careful.

You can't instill JUDAIC Law where God's law is. They are two distinctively different issues.

Homosexuality:

Those who advocate homosexuality use passages such as 2 Samuel 1:26 to support their position. It states that David and Jonathan had a relationship that surpassed the love of women. This is not referring to sexual love, however, but to a special friendship they had which exceeded or was different from any kind of sexual relationship. David and Jonathan would have been stoned under Levitical law had they been homosexuals (Lev. 18:22; 20:13).

God also condemns homosexuality in Genesis 19. Pro-homosexuals respond that the sin of Sodom was not homosexuality, but rape. However, the Sodomites did not initially force Lot’s male guests to have sex with them, but just by them mentioning it, Lot urged them not to do such a “wicked” thing (19:4-8). Other ancient sources such as Josephus and the New Testament (Jude 7) confirm that the sin of Sodom was homosexuality.

Additionally, Romans 1:21-32 and 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 clearly condemn lesbianism and homosexuality (cf., 1 Tim. 1:9, 10). Homosexual advocates reply that Romans 1 refers only to phallic cults who committed idolatry. Along with 1 Corinthians 6, they claim that God is simply condemning excessive and promiscuous sex, not a dedicated relationship between two homosexuals.

First, let me say that if it were true that God is only condemning promiscuity, 90 to 99 percent of all homosexuals would fall into this category! According to recent studies, only about 1 out of 7 homosexuals have had fewer than 50 partners in their lifetime, and 99 percent of the male homosexuals interviewed have had sex with complete strangers! Nevertheless, the context of Romans and Corinthians affirm that homosexuality is completely unnatural (Rom. 1:26, 27). When categorized with the other sins mentioned in these passages, there is no such thing as a moderate form of homosexuality any more than there could be moderate form of murder or adultery. Finally, the Bible condemns all types of fornication which would therefore include homosexuality (Matthew 15:19; Mark 7:21; John 8:41; Acts 15:20, 29; Gal. 5:19-21; 1 Thes. 4:3; Heb. 13:4).

And, of course, if utter adherence to the bible were required to be a Christian there would be about two of them in the whole world...

So what makes anyone here able to say that Homosexuals are or aren't Christians and isn't attempting to do so a sin of sorts too?

Can a Homosexual be a Christian

The answer really is quite simple. One must turn away from that sin.. In other words.. If an individual is Homosexual and knows in his or her heart that it is wrong and fully gives his or her heart to the Lord and repents then they are forgiven for their sins. The part that needs to be looked at is if him or her continues to live that life of homosexuality thinking thats ok to do so because they askef for forgiveness.

You need to strive DAILY to NOT fall back to that sin. Do we fall.. yes we do. But we must STAND BACK UP and continue on DAILY giving ourselves back to Him and walk away from that sin.

Eon said:
And, of course, if utter adherence to the bible were required to be a Christian there would be about two of them in the whole world...

So what makes anyone here able to say that Homosexuals are or aren't Christians and isn't attempting to do so a sin of sorts too?

Sigh...I thought we already had the discussion on the difference between 'living in sin' and sinning (several times). There's a huge difference and it is easy for Christians and non-christians alike to understand. Why must we keep returning to old topics as if they had not already been addressed?

Back