Calendar Desktop

Genesis1315

Ladies
My husband set up MSOutlook Calendar, but I can never remember to use it. I thought, what would probably work best is something that would be my desktop image so I can see what is going on when I boot the computer. I would need to be able to update my calendar so it would have to work with some program, I guess:confused: The other thing is that we would need to be able to share it between computers. So I could update the calendar, but my husband could see it, or he could update it and I would see it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Google Desktop might integrate with Google Calendar. Seems like it should...

Dunno if that works on Linux.

I know that outlook based enterprise solutions support distributing calanders and the like, zimbra has a solution(free) that allows web based access, however it requires you to host your own server(preferrably linux)

I am really looking for an application that will interface with my desktop so when I log onto my computer, the calendar loads as the background instead of the windows standard blue background or whatever picture I put on. I know I could put a picture of a calendar but that would not be dynamic. I want to be able to see the changes to the calendar (and even make changes--that would be awesome) without having to launch another app. Image, when you log in, you see your desktop and your calendar is there, with your icons (I do not like to have a lot of icons on my desktop).

I need to copyright or patent or protect this idea.

Gen

found some on download.com, but I am not sure they are what I want. So much for protecting my idea.

Going to try one out....here's hoping I don't crash my computer.

Gen

*EDIT* I tried one, totally not what I am looking for. Maybe the patent thing is back on :D

Last edited:
Those are great ideas, but I am looking for something a little bigger. I want the calendar to take up my entire desktop. So, let say for Tuesday, July 25, 9:00pm CGA Bible Study would be listed. Then, if i click on it, it would launch the notes that go with the event.

Gen

I've never come across anything like that, but I would have to recommend rainlendar, or like someone said Google Desktop + Google Calendar.

Back