Beta

Asheriah

SO i have put in for beta a long time ago, and well exceed their requirements.
Is beta out yet, or not just yet?

I have seen no indication that they have started beta yet. Current speculation from most people is that it will be winter this year that beta starts, since the release date is spring of next year.

Doesnt that seem kind of close to release to be doing beta, i thought summer would of given it sufficient time.

They may be starting the beta soon, but no one knows for sure. As I said, the speculation is that beta will start in late fall/early winter (I've heard November a couple times), but that does seem like it could be later than it should be. Personally I would love to see beta start ASAP because I would think that a longer period of beta testing would increase my probability of being a part of it. : )

Last edited:
Take a look at this: http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

If you look through the posts showing on the dev tracker today (6/24/10), there are a lot of them that are referring to the beta. Beta starting soon, maybe? I certainly haven't seen this volume of dev posts relating to it since it was first opened for applications.

Word on the street is that they started a small closed beta for with around 300 invites to test Ord Mantell. Haven't seen any real confirmation on that yet but I think the beta ship is underway!!

These random people saying that they are in the beta makes me wonder if the devs will actually let us know when beta has really started. I'm inclined to think that the few people who have said this are really just trolls, but you can never dismiss the idea that they might be telling the truth.

Back