banned players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glory

this can get out of hand i know.. but klutch was banned a few days ago for hacking because he prefired..... without a demo just banned on the spot.. then me and another got him unbanned, that was by rizz... then after i left the server he was banned again by another admin, i know for a fact that he does not hack and would like an explination for the instant bans now, and i would like him unbanned his steam id is 1:199356... kthnx

Sometimes an admin will suspect the person of cheating and ban him on the spot. Usually a demo is recorded and shared with the rest of the admin team. We then determine if the person was indeed cheating and either keep him banned, or simply unban him.

You guys have to understand the pressure on us to keep the server clean. We will make mistakes some of the time, but this system seems to work pretty well if the person banned can understand our process - the admins usually try and let the person know they're being banned ahead of time and who to contact, however, that doesn't always happen.

Let me ask you this - do you want a cheater to run rampant on our servers until we can officially prove he is cheating, or get rid of them, record a demo, and determine if we should unban them?

klutch is a good play i do not doubt that, sometimes unbelieveably good. I have personally had to warn him to watch his language alot and he has been rude to me before in the past, no i am not an admin but i would think he would be smart enough to realize that a leader in ToJ/CGA might want to be heeded. exspecially when it is something that he can controll IE cussing on the mic or typing something out.

This was my fault. I watched him for about two rounds as he was under a different name. In the second round he tracked a guy perfectly through a wall on aztec. (which i realised was not a hack but a lucky response to a good soundcard). I should have waited a few more rounds to check but i banned him instantly. I did however realise my mistake and unban him as instantly.. But im sure you will all flame me for my error...

If he is banned now it wasnt me.

no most of your admins are pretty good. They did a good job when they banned me the second time. So gj admins for keeping YOUR server clean.

gj admins
biggrin.gif

im just wondering.. because he has been asking me why he was banned, and who did it and i cant seem to find the admin that banned him.. and yes rizz did correct this very fast. this is just a mystery to me and i kinda wanna see wahts goin on..

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]im just wondering.. because he has been asking me why he was banned, and who did it and i cant seem to find the admin that banned him.. and yes rizz did correct this very fast. this is just a mystery to me and i kinda wanna see wahts goin on..

errr...reread Rizz's post. He says who banned him. It seems to me if someone wanted to be unbanned they would come plead their case personally on the boards or email Elite....

Cory

go cory go gory go
smile.gif

I agree with The Thadster. Read the post.
Word

I tire of this thread.. If klutch wants to chat about it he knows where he can reach me. Everyone who isnt named Klutch can mind their own business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back