Avesthers Angelic ____ ?

Avesther

This may come out of the blue to some, and that is that is I have approached Beriale and Cammandus to start a 3 v 3 arena team at a fairly committed level. PvP for me represents a different facet of WoW, one that I am interested in persuing. As a lot of people know and have experienced, I am quite competative on the PvP field. I have 33,000 PvP kills, about 25,000 from prior to forced BG raid groups and cross server BGs. That is a lot of solo, small group and world kills.

I waited to do this until there was another priest on Quantams team so that I can take a sabatical from raiding without leaving a team in lurch. I've been raiding a very long long time and I am ready to move on to hone new skills and rediscover old ones. I'm planning on developing a PvP survival build so my ability to instance heal is going to take a nose dive.

I'd like to develop the team further as time passes, taking on some alts on the 3 v 3 team, developing a 2 v 2 team and a 5 v 5 team in the future. With the start of the second arena season just starting, this just makes goods sense for a starting time.

Looking forward to pwning other teams with you Aves!

Along the same guidelines as Aves has stated and with all the competition for the one mage spot on each team I will gracefully bow out of the kara team. Now that Christianna is listed on the team I feel that my presence is just not needed. I look forward to reading the postings of both teams progress and am cheering for you from the side lines.

....are you a friend of the front?

How about Avesthers Angelic Skull Crackers?

So you are saying you won't be raiding Kara anymore Avesther? At least for the time being?

For the next little while, I want to concentrate on this, so Kara is out of the question for the time being. At a hundred gold to spec in and out of healing per week, I'll run out of money real quick.

I retract the nice PM i sent to you this morning!

I'm very sorry. I know people rely on my skill for things to move forward sometimes. And thats nice, but there is a downside to that. That is everybody becomes trapped. You can't move forward because I'm not there (sometimes more physcologically), and when I am there I can't move forward where I want to go. I want to break the circle of reliance and let the many other priests in the guild a chance to do stuff and learn and grow as well.

meh, I could care less about your skill I just think Avesther looks so good in that new dress. Progression is second to being the sexiest looking kara team!

meh, I could care less about your skill I just think Avesther looks so good in that new dress. Progression is second to being the sexiest looking kara team!

And we've all seen your scandalous healing gear...

just to throw it out there for those thinking about wanting to try an arena team. doing an arena doesnt have to interfere with raiding or much other planned farming/ganking/grinding time at all since its so fast.

its 10 (minimum) arena matches a week which last about a minute each. so if you here the front calling, heed the call and become a friend of the front!

Yeah, but camm a raid healing priest is not so much in pvp.

1 min fights dont have alot of healing...

What about the same spec, but two different sets of gear? I still raid, and I have been doing arenas for a few weeks now. I have a set of raiding gear for when we do kara and PvP gear for when we go do arenas. I don't know if that would work for priests, since I am not a priest but a druid, but it is a possible suggestion.

Here are two builds, both 28 disc / 33 holy / 0 shadow. The first build conentrates on PvP survivability. Disc talents taken increase survivability against direct assault (Martyrdon, improved sheild), holy talents increase DPS and survivability (Blessed recovery, spell warding, blessed resiliance).

Typical Arena Build

This next build, even though the same 28/33/0 is drastically different. Disc talents taken increase PvE survivability via silent resolve, improved Fort. And Holy talents are takent to increase healing done and mana effiecency. When you look through the talents you can almost see that at each teir there are PvE and PvP and DPS alternatives. If you take the PvP alternative, we rarely get to take the DPS or the PVE alternative at that level.

Typical PvE Healing

Our gear doesn't make up for these extreme variances with our talent trees. And to make matters worse, there are synergies in our trees that cross the trees. For example, divine spirit, improved divine spirit in discipline have a senergious relationship with spiritual guidance in Holy. Our survivability talents also cross two trees and provide synergies in taking them. Look at Martyrdom in discipline, blessed recovery in holy and blessed reselience in holy: three synergies in two trees. A priest with all three get these benefits when crit, casting that can't be pushed back, crit damage returned via a heal and being uncritable for the next handful of seconds. Taking all of these types of talents create better builds then only taking one of them. If you are going to take martyrdom in disc, it becomes even more powerful when you take the other two crit related talents in holy.

When I was running with the major PvP groups things were completely different.

The things that I spec'd for where burst healing and stamina. Everything else didn't matter. PvP battles are short spurts and you die.

I could heal in MC, but I could not main heal due to lack of mana effeciency.

If i were doing a pvp build i would do this pvp.

Last edited:
Pro Tanks vs Fury DPSers

I know that Samuraij is specced Fury Arms for a reason, that is not the spec I would keep if I took him to Kara, nor would that spec be the one I used for PVP arena teams so I would think that the PVP vs Raiding as always will pose a problem. And as someone mentioned PVP gear vs raid gear you look for different stats. Time factor and RL is an issue for alot of us, you can sneek in a few PVP arena matches during the week, without waking up late for work if you get my meaning.

But we will work this out, as we have worked out all things in the past. What is important is that each guildy has fun when playing and doesnt start to feel like its a laborious and tedious job to play. I have not doubt people will flip flop, but that is why this game has lasted as long as it has, as you have choices.

My 2 cents

The Fury Tank, Fire Mage, Ferral Druid, and Marksman Hunter

Back