Anyone going to play Starhawk on ps3?

silentprocess

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, honestly don't even know if this is the right gaming forum for this type of game...

However, I am a Christian and want some Christian friends to game with... It's hard to find good Christian friends to game with, let alone a Christian clan for a particular game.

Starhawk's coming out 5/8 and I participated in the Beta and pre-ordered it. I would like to see if there are any Christians who will be playing this game.

I'm in a small clan now, but after some exposure to them I'm finding out I don't fit in their discussions. (Joined in Beta).

I'm willing to start a Christian Clan that will provide a fun, friendly gaming experience, where we can edify each other and hopefully get to know each other as people and support each other.

Course you'll get people in matches that curse like a sailor or have derogatory comments but that's what the mute option is there for :).

If your interested let me know, I'll try to monitor this post... Or just friend me and put a note in the invitation so I know what the invitation is for.

PSN: silentprocess

I own a PS3, but I'm planning on skipping Starhawk as I am absolutely abysmal at FPS games with thumbstick controls. I started with Wolfenstein 3D on a keyboard (no mouse; that came much later) and I just can't make the switch.

But you might find other Starhawk players on Tribe of Judah's PlayStation Forum.

I wish I could give you some other leads, but Christian console gamers seem to be far more scattered than Christian PC gamers (understanding there's a significant amount of crossover).

kk

This is a OTS or 3rd person shooter. I can't do FPS on console, feel crippled without a mouse and keyboard. It also has a Snap-Aim feature which will basically auto-target if you are in within range of a target (unless this feature will be removed, it was in the Beta). If it didn't have Snap-Aim I probably wouldn't have gotten it.

Doom was where I started FPS's so were on the same page there :).

Your right about console Christian gamers though, there are forums for them but alot are COD Zombies or into BF3. I'll keep on keeping on though and visit that link you posted.

Thanks!

I played Warhawk and got annihilated when I played. I downloaded the Starhawk beta, but never managed to play it. If there's a proper demo or trial version after release, I may take it for a spin. Third-person still requires aiming with thumbsticks, but I may fare better with a TPS than a FPS.

Merged both Starhawk threads in this forum and posted to Twitter about your search for other Christian gamers to play with.

Thanks! I deleted the extra post since it was basically a copy/paste. Yeah OTS games require thumbstick aiming (which I am horrible at because of playing Doom/Counter-Strike for years on a computer). But with the snap-aim mechanic the aiming isn't as much of a hassle as it usually is.

Yeah, if there's a demo give it a whirl. Most likely it will be single player but should have the same mechanics.

Back