Anub'arak Video

so...i saw a new strategy for this guy that might make a difference....a pug did it but we couldnt get him down cause the tanks werent that great but anyways...

They did everything we do except one thing. They tank the boss next to the burrowers in order to pick up any extra aoe dmg that can be thrown out from certain skills...like divine storm for example...or heartstrike from deathknights...etc. Maybe this little extra dmg could make a difference. I dont know...we never lived long enough lol.

so...i saw a new strategy for this guy that might make a difference....a pug did it but we couldnt get him down cause the tanks werent that great but anyways...

They did everything we do except one thing. They tank the boss next to the burrowers in order to pick up any extra aoe dmg that can be thrown out from certain skills...like divine storm for example...or heartstrike from deathknights...etc. Maybe this little extra dmg could make a difference. I dont know...we never lived long enough lol.

That is the way you have to do it in TOGC (the heroic version) and we did try to tank one set close to the boss for that reason when we were there last :) Just tanking them next to the boss when dpsing the boss for the phase can knock the health of the adds down significantly fer sure! Thanks for posting the idea Sheckle :)

this video has peeps dpsing the second set of adds before AN burrows - don't. Just let the tanks grab them and kill them after the submerge. also, they have dps on adds when leeching swarm starts - don't. all dps on boss, tanks move the adds OFF of the patches to let them submerge.

Sorry if I'm posting this and you guys have switched it up a bit - but we're on farm with this guy and there's a couple things we learned that you may be doing already.

First of all - our ranged dps primarily focuses on Anub and melee takes the first set of burrowers down with a combination of splash and direct damage. To do this the tank needs to be on or near the permafrost. The second set are offtanked until submerge but they still get splash damange from melee, so they're usually about half HP at that point and easily dispatched once Anub goes down.

Second - it sounded like in some of the earlier posts that you're trying to tank the scarabs? We don't tank them at all, basically the tanks just sit out Phase 2 and run away from spikes. Ranged and melee can take the adds but even melee needs to be careful not to get the stacking debuffs. They typically only intervene if one is on a healer. Ranged can take them out easily enough and make sure you prioritize the enraged ones. Don't worry about aoeing - single target dps each one.

Hope this helps, if it's general knowledge then sorry for jumping in :>)

Last edited:
Back