Altdorf Inn

Icthus

Well, I wonder if they will make it 7 of 7 days?

It actually stinks short term but is good long term.

The more destro rolls the faster Mythic has to respond with some form of population control.

I might also mention that it is way fun to get a group together and camp their entrance to Altdorf. Lots of RP's real open RvR action and we have a very large advantage as they zone in and out in ones and twos.

Did it last night and got 25% of level 40 and 25% of RR 38. Not to mention the good times of logging on to Warhammer Alliance and seeing the destro cry more.

I logged in last night and was totally confused as to what to do. Two pairings destro controlled. Destro on Altdorf's door. I queued up to do a scenerio, got chewed out for not knowing what to do. And it was like, hmmm, is there something better to watch on tv?

Wow you guys make it sounds like I just wasted 15 bucks to come back and try the new server :( Oh well you live and you learn.

I find the action exciting. I was happy to leave Red Eye Mountain because it was stale. Whether we're beating on their door or they're beating on ours... I say bring it on!

As for the whiners in /1....ignore them. Seriously. There are a few loud voices complaining about our presence. The vast majority of people understand that we're here for the same reason they are - to play and have fun.

Don't know how to play a scenario? So what, go in, play it, figure it out, follow the zerg around and learn as you go. That's how I learned. Oftentimes I end up doing decent healing or DPS, depending on my toon. Even if you don't, so what. Just play.

I have been having a blast with destro in Altdorf for the most part.

Game is tremendous fun and lots to do.

T1, T2, T3 scenarios....
1. learn your class and scenario strategies
2. fun so long as we win 1 out of 5 scenarios atleast..gulp :D
3. nobody (order and destro) is expected to be uber and is assumed we are terrible, for the most part.
4. any member you play with from the guild increases your chance to win. THUS, encouraging us/you to hang out.
5. scenario pop is quite active in IR

Those are all good reasons to play. If War were football, I'd encourage, Delay of 'End' Game' till they fix the balance issues there. 5 yard penalty...YES!

Last edited:
funny you mention that.

From the Herald:

Since the launch of Warhammer Online, we've received a lot of valuable feedback from our players. One area that has garnered lots of attention is the WAR endgame, and we are very pleased to announce the first of what will be many positive changes to improve the cornerstone of that endgame experience - Capital City sieges! These changes will be going live with the launch of 1.2.

The first phase of these City siege improvements includes the following changes:

* We have reduced the amount of time that a Capital City will remain in the Contested state from 6 hours down to 2 hours.
* Capturing Battlefield Objectives in the Cities will now contribute more Victory Points towards City capture.
* Killing players in the Cities will now contribute more Victory Points towards City Capture.
* In order to give players more time to collect their rewards from the City Public Quests, we are increasing the loot timers from 2 minutes to 4 minutes.

These changes will ensure that players can still capture or defend a City in the shorter time allotted during the initial Contested phase.

We hope you'll find that these changes improve the overall pace of the City capture process, and we also hope you'll continue to send us feedback on other ways in which we can make Capital City sieges even better. In order to encourage you, the players, to communicate what other improvements you'd like to see, we'll be starting a focused discussion in the brand-spanking-new official WAR forums. Be sure not to miss your chance to engage in a constructive dialogue with the developers! With your help, we hope to make WAR better and more glorious than ever!

That on top of the upcoming balances in Patch 1.2 should make a dramatic difference.

I logged in last night and was totally confused as to what to do. Two pairings destro controlled. Destro on Altdorf's door. I queued up to do a scenerio, got chewed out for not knowing what to do. And it was like, hmmm, is there something better to watch on tv?
The first time was very confusing for me too. There are 5 controll points and a bomb to use. When a side uses the bomb on the other sides points they become capturable. (The center point is worth the most but not as much as the 4 others combined me thinks. Also, if you manage to 5 cap your team is golden.

The most fun is when you get into an organized group and into an organized vent.

Back