ages of empires 2 night?

8 PM sounds good.

My brother might be joining us as well. He goes by GreatJedi, and he can't go on TS.

Sounds good, my brother also (1 of them) will join if there is a slot open, but doesnt care either way. I'm off for the night, I will be posting game peramiters after i get home from school tomorrow night, about 5:30PM EST.

Doh! As it turns out my mom is singing at this coffee shop on Friday, so I can't make it. I should be more responsible, but I'm probably to lazy to be. :) Sorry guys.

Killerah said:
Doh! As it turns out my mom is singing at this coffee shop on Friday, so I can't make it. I should be more responsible, but I'm probably to lazy to be. :) Sorry guys.

Things happen, dont worry about it. Its not about the number of players, its the fun we will have. Another time then.

I'm kinda thinking about doing something like a RTS chapter or something. I have almost all the new RTS games from aoe2 up to hopefully empire earth 2. I'm just trying this game night things to see how they go first. We can maybe do 1 next week of aoe2, then the next week another game. In the mean time, i've got to get out all my muliplayer games and find port forwarding numbers for my router to host a internet game :)

Myself
Atown
Sirthom
Corpfox
Icthus (not sure)
Car Nut
GreatJedi (Sirthom's bro, not sure)
?

Talon

My new computer is hyperthreading, it can handle 2 major processes at once, i can run 2 games at the same time on my internet and computer, i'm sure it could handle it. RTS games dont take bandwidth like cs does. Once i get my hard drive back from the manufacturer, i will have a dedicated computer for this stuff. But it might not be able to handle 2 games running at the same time. The games i listed in this thread earlier is the only games i could host, unless there is some free multiplayer trials out there, i'm always willing to play new RTS games :)

Talon

Ok, game peramiters are as follows:

Game Type: Random Map
Map Type: Fortress
Map Size: Giant
Difficulty: Easy
Resources: High
Population: 200
Game Speed: Fast
Reveal Map: Normal
Starting Age: Standard
Victory: Time Limit
Time Limit: 1,300 years (1:45hr)

Team together: yes
All Techs: no
Allow Cheats: no
Lock Teams: no
Lock Speed: yes
Record Game: yes

heh, i forgot about time limit victory, so plan on 8-10:45PM EST, 5-7:45PM PST (my time) April 29th. Teams will be decided in game.

Those who are able and willing to go to teamspeak, then by all means do, i will be, we will most likely split into non passworded, non occupied channels for teams, so there isnt any "ghosting".

Anything i have overlooked or forgot or anything, then let me know as soon as possible via this thread.

Talon

Difficulty: Easy

For Computers? Or for the wild animals? ex: Lion, Wolf, Boar, Alligator, etc.

Those who are able and willing to go to teamspeak, then by all means do

If I can't use teamspeak, use AoE2 in-game chat?

Last edited:
Corpfox said:
For Computers? Or for the wild animals? ex: Lion, Wolf, Boar, Alligator, etc.

If I can't use teamspeak, use AoE2 in-game chat?

The computer players if there will be any. As far as i know, there is not any voice communication in aoe2, there will be in game text chat anyone can use to talk to anyone.

IP for the game is

Use the multiplayer part in the game, internet tcp/ip, third one down, and copy in IP addy and hit the button, it will show up with Talon's Game, then hit join. One thing i ask is use your cga/toj handle as you name. Do this in options in the profile area. Makes it easier so we dont have anyone that has not been designated or told was going to join, join.

Those that have siblings/family members joining, thats fine, just make sure they identify who they are with, i.e. whos family they are with. Like Ithcus.

Talon

Last edited:
Oh wow...

I'm trying to do a Practice Game on the settings Talon has presented, all the computers went against me... :eek:

1 Computer was a traitor, I gave it resources, in return, nearly kills me w/o noticing it. :mad:

I just hope its alot different versus Players...

Last edited:
Awww....it looks like I might not be able to join :'(

Soooo, yeah. If you don't see me there within like 10 minutes after, just start without me :(

Not a problem, we will be starting about 8pm EST, 5pm PST. We might not have a full house, which is fine, the rest will be computer players.

*note* the time restraint part will not be used, i am taking off the time limit thing.

Server will be up at about 15 minutes till game time.

Well, i'm not sure if its gonna work guys, windows decided to up and quit, so i have to reformat. I might be able to still do it, on my brothers computer, so if its up then it will be, if not then arggg. Stupid windows

Talon

Well, i'm not sure if its gonna work guys, windows decided to up and quit, so i have to reformat. I might be able to still do it, on my brothers computer, so if its up then it will be, if not then arggg. Stupid windows

No Problem.

Wouldn't matter much anyways, theres always something unexpected that happens.

Like me, for example: The sequel of a game I like soo much just came out today, the day this AoE2 gathering may occur...

If it doesnt go as planned, you could always re-schedule it.

Last edited:
It will have to be another time. My bro's computer doesnt like aoe2 and wont port forward it correctly. Sorry guys. Now i know what i am going to be doing over the weekend, reinstalling my computer stuff and getting it back to its state of what it was at before it crashed.

Talon

Ok, my computer is back up. Atown, Poison and myself just got done playing a bit. It works now, dont know why it didnt last night. So i'm up for a reschedule.
One thing that happened with us was after a while, it lagged out and made us exit the game. So to prevent this, i will just save every few minutes with the quick autosave and if it does that, we can exit and restore the game again.

So when is the best times for people this week? Friday is out for me.

Talon

Back