ages of empires 2 night?

Talon

Atown and I have been playing aoe2 (ages of kings, no expasion) multiplayer quite a bit over the last few months.

I'm proposing how about a toj aoe2 night?

I can host it off my computer and internet (1.5megabit down, 196kilobit up, i can host a 8 person server for cs, so bandwidth is not a problem) for toj/cga members only, since there isnt any language filter or built in voice communication. Those that want to use teamspeak can.

just post on this thread if you have the game and want to play, we can corridinate for a time after some people are interested.

Talon

Whoo, I am all for this idea. Count me in!! :)

Unfortunately, Thursday and Friday are the only nights looking good for this week :-/

It's a real time strategy like Starcraft, SimCity, or Pharoah, if you're familiar with those.

(SimCity is a strategy game, riiight?)

(SimCity is a strategy game, riiight?)

SimCity is more like The Sims, but you control the whole city/country/world.

Making buildings, balancing out pollution and crime, thats not Strategy...
There no enemies, just nature and balancing the Ying and Yang that tries to ruin you. (Crime sprees/Riots/Tornados/Hurricanes/UFO attack, etc.)

Starcraft is a newbie game, anyone can adapt to this game.

Age of Empires is a intermediate game, anyone that has alot of patients can adapt to this game.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/age2/features.htm

Theirs a trial free demo, try that.

Besides, theres some blood, there a resource called, "Food", you get actual hunters(if u built them) and kill the animals for the "Food". HEHEHE!

Last edited:
heh, i have more than just ages of empires 2. If this works well we can do more than aoe2. I have rise of nations, command and conquer generals, emporer, simcity4, empire earth, aoe1 (lol), anno 1602 and anno 1503. I'm looking at this friday night (not sure of exact time yet), so that makes:

Myself
Atown
Sirthom
?
?
?
?
?

We can do up to 8 per game. Any gaps in players will be made up with computer players.

We will be using 2.0a version. http://www.microsoft.com/games/age2/downloads.htm
Download and install the update. 2.0a and the AI update, so no computer players quit on us in the beginning.

I will post IP and info a day before we do it

Talon

Last edited:
Killerah said:
Heh, I haven't played AOE2 in forever, so I stink at it. But I'm game!
lol, i'm not good at it either, thats another reason why this is cga/toj only, wont have any trash talking or putting down others in game. I only feel conftorable in hosting and playing a game with cga/toj members.

So thats is:

Myself
Atown
Sirthom
Killerah
?
?
?
?

Looking at friday night the 29th. Not sure on time though. Plan on a good 3 hour game or so, may go 4 hours and/or a saved game for the same people to continue the game at a later date.

Talon

Ouch....3 hours might be a stretch for me!! Haha.

Friday looks good so far. I think 8-10:45 PM East is my best timeslot. I'd rather not play for nearly three hours at a time, but.... we'll see. Don't suprised if I need to resign early or something :p

Oh, and whatever you do, don't enable cheats! :D

Heh, depends on game time, if it gets late and we are like half way through the game, we can save and finish later.

cheats will not be enabled. I'll put out the map config and all the parameters before we play.

I would like to play, BUT...

All my AoE games are burned, cant use updates, oh well.

I have rise of nations, command and conquer generals, emporer, simcity4, empire earth, aoe1 (lol), anno 1602 and anno 1503.

anno 1602/1503?

[edit] Nvm, it works, came with a 2.0 auto update...-_- 1 CD = AoE2/AoE2:Expansion.[/edit]

Last edited:
We will not be using expasion, i have it but several people do not, so to make it easier, no expansion.

Corpfox said:
anno 1602/1503?
lol, they are from europe originally, city builders/rts games set in those years, its hard to play, took me hundreds of hours to learn 1602 (it was the first one to come out) then a little while to learn 1503 (second one)

1602 (the game that i played for weeks strait except 6 hours of sleep a night, i got addicted to that game, heh) http://www.anno1602.de/usa/index.html
1503 http://www.anno1503.com/english/index.php4?language=2

Talon

Last edited:
wont have any trash talking or putting down others in game.

Just noticed they have a Taunt Chat:

"Even my granny can do better."
"Nice city, I'll take it."

alot of put downs, but it is funny when its what race u've picked. (English has their accent; Scottish has their accent, etc.)

cheats will not be enabled. I'll put out the map config and all the parameters before we play.

If your gonna make a game, PLEASE NO WONDERS!!! THEIR SOO CHEAP!!!

lol, they are from europe originally, city builders/rts games set in those years, its hard to play, took me hundreds of hours to learn 1602 (it was the first one to come out) then a little while to learn 1503 (second one)

Not bad game, almost looks like Civilization, that was a cool strategy game.

Corpfox said:
Just noticed they have a Taunt Chat:

"Even my granny can do better."
"Nice city, I'll take it."

alot of put downs, but it is funny when its what race u've picked. (English has their accent; Scottish has their accent, etc.)

If your gonna make a game, PLEASE NO WONDERS!!! THEIR SOO CHEAP!!!

Not bad game, almost looks like Civilization, that was a cool strategy game.

lol, i forgot about the taunts.
Yes, no wonders, i agree.

So this makes

Myself
Atown
Sirthom
Killerah
Corpfox
?
?
?

talon

I could be interested but my disk does not work anymore. I cannot burn it to my computer. I have the disk. Is there a place I can get the files?

My son is 8 and might play if needed. I am not too sure how good he is, but he could probably beat LOJ......

Oh this Friday night might be hard for me, the Mother-in-law will be here I think.

I could be interested but my disk does not work anymore. I cannot burn it to my computer. I have the disk. Is there a place I can get the files?

Sorry to brag, I was surprised that I can take out my AoE2 zip file, put it on my folder from the burned CD and install it.

Maybe I can send you my AoE2 Zip file to you, Icthus?

It really works, has, AoE2 and AoE2 expansion. All you need to do is put the crack into the target AoE2.exe file. Has a 2.0 auto-update.

Just wondering, how do I send a 220 MB zip file to you?
Or anyone else that wants to join up, Talon's game night?

Last edited:
try useing like aim or msn to send it through

So this makes

Myself
Atown
Sirthom
Killerah
Corpfox
Icthus (not sure)
?
?

Game peramiters will be put out tomorrow after i get home from school. 8PM EST sound good to everyone?? I can play till midnight EST (i'm on PST).

Back