Age of Wushu

That does sound misery-inducing. Then again, the bounty... and punishment of the PKer makes it seem notably more tolerable. Had I known you were being PK'd, I'da come over and tried to help. FOR JUSTICE.

In other matters, I've used up pretty much the bulk of my trial time. I'm hooked. I got to experience the tri-attack thing. It's nifty.

Not sure if I'm gonna go VIP or not. I'd definitely get my money's worth at my current rate, but the daily time limit during the beta may not prove to be a bad thing; would require I play other games or... you know... do something other than game with my time. haha

But I'm definitely onboard with the game. I wonder if interest will grow enough to make a ToJ chapter worth consideration. Hmmmmmm.

Before I even start the download, I have to ask: Does this game have any anti-cheat tools that install as rootkits like some other Chinese or Korean multiplayer games?

If no, can anyone verify this with a link to an independent source? Yes, I'm a tad paranoid, but I've read enough horror stories about invasive DRM and anti-cheat that any Asian MMO usually gets kicked off the "to-play" list just because of the research required to make sure it's safe to install.

The Chinese version uses Game Protect Kit , I am not sure but I think I see a splash screen for that when I login as well.

Last edited:
so I logged back in to WuShu and i hade 2 pages of reports. Apparently I became a waiter while offline and made a ton of cash (almost doubled my money) also I leveled my skill, and another guild used knockout gas on me and kidnapped me. They tried to sell my body to a vendor but my guild interfered and arrested the kidnappers, so i got more money for that, but I had a debuff on me for being kidnapped so for 5 hours I cant take a NPC offline job.....WaHT!?

That is some seriously complicated form of persistent online world. I haven't logged in yet today. I'll have to see what happened in my absence. haha

FYI I bought the Deluxe edition so I dunno if what happened to me is restricted to VIP players or not. After seeing the Guild base stuff (serious amt of buildings you can build) I def want to help run a guild of some kind. I just doubt we could ever get enough in ToJ to be profitable in game.

Ah. Yeah. That seems like VIP material. So tempted to grab Deluxe, too.

Update: Yeah. None of that crazy stuff happened while I was offline since sometime yesterday. I got a little experience and cash, I think, but nothing notable happened in my offline time. Oh well.

Last edited:
I hit my trial time limit. I was just about to get working on spying on other schools. Now... gameless until tomorrow or buying deluxe.

mai laifuuuuuuuu :'(

My only hesitation in buying in is my ever-growing backlog of games to play through. Then again, I don't think (m)any of those games can be equated with being playable "kung fu movies" and wuxia. Hmmmmmm.

THREAD UNDEADIFICATION!!!!'d

Age of Wushu is officially launching today. Still a few hours to get pre-launch characters made which, if I read it correctly, will yield rewards for early adoption.

I'm actually really looking forward to seeing how the game has improved since my play in beta months ago. The core was great before, but it badly needed polish, and the time limitations for beta were frustrating.

Still, would love to see the game turn out to be worth supporting.

I'm gonna be rolling on White Tiger server. (Year of the) Tiger loyalty yo.

My toon will be named Hinotan. I'm thinking Shaolin school, but I'll have to re-read up on them before committing to it.

Edit: Pre-creation may not run until server launch at 2:00 PDT; it looks like it only runs until 10:00 PDT, leaving but a half hour to get in on the pre-creation. Alas.

Last edited:
hmmmm, tempted to roll on the new server, but I have a well established Beggar on Blue Dragon that won't be wiped. hmmmmm

Do both! :D

Edit: If I understand VIP right, you'd get offline experience on both servers, so you'd be leveling skills even if playing one more than the other at a given point in time.

Still torn between Shaolin and Wudang for my toon on White Tiger. May roll an assassin of sorts on Blue Dragon for the lulz. Not sure if I'd roll Tangmen or Wanderer's Valley for that, though.

Last edited:
I really wanted to try this... I downloaded it and everything. But seriously... what modern game like this doesn't have an option to invert the mouse/camera. It's unplayable for me. I can't stop looking at the ground or the sky. It's not even in the works as far as I can tell from responses on the official forums. It's a shame, I was interested.

Back