AD Rep Nights (set items too)

Reason

A lot of us have expressed interest in gaining AD Rep. This could be because you're interested in Naxx later on in the game, or because you want some great new items that are now offered. There are quite a few people who are now lvl 51+ and new lvl 60's as well.

AD Rep Nights will be on Wednesdays and Thursday evenings, hopefully starting on Wednesday, August 2nd. This gives everyone a week incase some people do not see it by this up coming Wednesday.

Wednesday nights: (lvl 51+ required) 2 - 5 man group - random killing in WPL and EPL for rep and drops. This will be for the people like myself who want to get up to honored with AD without turning in any Scourge stones. Maybe about an hour of this, or until the group gets tired/bored. lol.

Thursday nights: (lvl 55+ required) Minimum of a 5 man group for Scholo or Strat Dead. This can be used for anyone, but more specifically designed for those who are at honored and past it, to gain rep. This is because, as you know, you can not gain rep for killing the non-elites in the EPL or WPL anymore after honored.

Plagued Hatchlings in Scholomance will occasionally drop a Healthy Dragon Scale which begins the repeatable quest Healthy Dragon Scale. Each turn-in will give 50 reputation with Argent Dawn. However, farming them is difficult since these scales can only be found in Scholomance and their drop rate is relatively low (approximately 7%). You cannot find a Healthy Dragon Scale until you have completed the quest Plagued Hatchlings. While the scales do not stack, they are not unique. Although the completion of this quest is not required to come on the Rep Runs, it is more benifical to you that you complete it before going. Here is the link to the quest itself. http://thottbot.com/?qu=5529

These runs will also help you get some of your Tier 0 items as well for those of you interested. Quite a few Tier 0 items can be found in Strat Dead and in Scholo. Below are the items that can be found for each class if you are wondering what is there for you to obtain.

Warrior
Gauntlets of Valor - Strat - Found on Ramstein the Gorger
Boots of Valor - Scholo - Found on Kirtonos the Herald
Legplates of Valor - Strat - Found on Baron Rivendare
Helm of Valor - Scholo - Found on Darkmaster Gandling

Pally
Lightforge Bracers - Scholo - Found on Lord Alexei Barov
Lightforge Belt - Strat - Random drop I believe
Lightforge Gauntlets - Strat - Found on Timmy The Cruel
Lightforge Boots - Strat - Found on Balnazzar
Lightforge Legplates - Strat - Baron Rivendare
Lightforge Helm - Scholo - Darkmaster Gandling

Hunter
Beaststalker's Bindings - Strat - Random Drop
Beaststalker's Boots - Strat - Nerub'enkan
Beaststalker's Pants - Strat - Baron Rivendare
Beaststalker's Cap - Scholo - Darkmaster Gandling

Rogue
Shadowcraft Bracers - Scholo - A few mobs drop this item
Shadowcraft Boots - Scholo - Rattlegore
Shadowcraft Spaulders - Strat - Cannon Master Willey
Shadowcraft Cap - Scholo - Darkmaster Gandling

Druid
Wildheart Belt - Scholo - Random Drop
Wildheart Bracers - Strat - Random Drop
Wildheart Kilt - Strat - Baron Rivendare
Wildheart Cowl - Scholo - Darkmaster Gandling

Priest
Devout Bracers - Strat - A couple mobs drop this.
Devout Gloves - Strat - Archivist Galford
Devout Sandals - Strat - Maleki the Pallid
Devout Skirt - Strat - Baron Rivendare
Devout Crown - Scholo - Darkmaster Gandling

Mage
Magister's Belt - Strat - Random drop
Magister's Gloves - Scholo - Doctor Theolen Krastinov
Magister's Boots - Strat - Hearthsinger Forresten
Magister's Mantle - Scholo - Ras Frostwhisper
Magister's Leggings - Strat - Baron Rivendare
Magister's Crown - Scholo - Darkmaster Gandling

Warlock
Dreadmist Belt - Scholo AND Strat - Random drop
Dreadmist Sandals - Strat - Baroness Anastari
Dreadmist Wraps - Scholo - Random drop
Dreadmist Leggings - Strat - Baron Rivendare
Dreadmist Mantle - Scholo - Jandice Barov
Dreadmist Mask - Scholo - Darkmaster Gandling

Even though we'll be heading to Strat Dead more often than not, it will not be out of the relm to go to Strat Live as well to obtain set items. This is why I have posted above the items even if they are found in Strat Live.

A few things to remember for the runs. You must, have your Argent Commission Trinket with you, and equipped. I have personally made the mistake of rolling on a Corruptor's Scourgestone and did not have my AD Trinket on. This caused the loss of the stone for all members as I won it, and did not receive it. This is a requirement. Remember, we are here for rep first, items a very close second.

Loot will be distributed on a /roll, friendly, basis. Any Bone Fragments found for rep, along with other rep items, are yours to keep if you find them. The item sets listed above are for those classes only and can be passed to other players as long as the said class does not need it. For example, since I can vouch for this personally, Dreadmist Mask drops and a Lock and Shadowpriest are in the group, first and formost it goes to the Lock. If the lock does not want the item or already has it, it can be passed to anyone in the group who can use it.

Please post back if you are interested, or let me know in game. ADRR (AD Rep Runs) will start between 7:00pm and 7:30pm server time. Sorry for the LONG read. Just trying to get everyone informed as much as possible.

Talk with ya later,

Chris

perfect - wed/thurs are typically slow nights for instances (meaning I wander around with an alt) but I'll probably be around often with Deltara for these - esp thurs

Just a little more information for anyone that's going to be farming in Scholo for rep.... At least one person will need to have Dawn's Gambit; It allows you to kill 2 addtional bosses - Vectus and (can't remember the other guy).

These bosses typically only drop an additional scourgestone, but will randomly drop some sweet loot.

I would also recommend that you start the questline for the Butcher... it starts right outside the instance with a ghost woman. There are about 10 steps altogether. After the 3rd step, you can summon an additional boss: Kirtonos the Herald. Again, and extra stone, and some awesome loot (including valor boots). Without someone that has copmleted the first 2 steps, you will be unable to farm that boss.

Also, Jandice Barov is a nice side-boss to hit, although most groups buzz right past her. She drops warlock set gear and the tailoring pattern for a soulshard bag (20-slot, IIRC). It's kinda a pain to get to her, and there's extra slow-advancing thru this area because of all the green gas mobs. (But remember, there's epics in the gas!)

Anyway, just thought you guys might like to know...

Sounds great to me, I need to gear up my warrior a bit more in those instances anyway... and my Thursdays have just freed up (for the most part).

To add on to what Randy was saying about quests, please keep in mind that if we get more than 5 people to go, we will form a raid to head in. This means that you will not be able to perform the quest. All quest items in there can not be done with a raid group.

Not true. You cannot raid Strat/Scholo anymore. That was changed a few patches ago. (1.9 or 1.10, I believe)

Durruck said:
Not true. You cannot raid Strat/Scholo anymore. That was changed a few patches ago. (1.9 or 1.10, I believe)

Good to know. I was under the impression it was possible to raid there, just not for quests. Thanks for the info.

Count me In , my mage zennen has hit level 59 and would like to get him his tier 0 stuff and work on his AD rep. Enjoyed a little run last night with reasonalble.:D

Zennen, myself, and one of my other friends in WoW, went on a mini AD Rep run last night. Just being on a 3 man run, things move extremely fast. It was almost nothing for us to clear 1/2 of a farm field in WPL, if not more, before any of them respawned. This means a group of 4 or 5 of us can blaze through a ton of UD for AD Rep in 1 hour on Wednesday nights.

I have been researching AD Reputation/Quests a little more, and I'll be adding to this post later on today on how to get the most out of our ADRR (AD Rep Runs). Look for an update by this evening at the latest, or check back after logging tonight after playing WoW. Remember, this should start Wed/Thurs, which is 1 week from today. This does not start this evening.

Just to give a heads up here for everyone wanting to go, I will be able to start, lead, this on Thursday evening. I have a final on Wednesday evening so I will not be online at all, so Thursday night we will start our ADRR. Thursday August 3rd.

I have come up with a little more information for our runs and I will be posting that later. Since there are going to be some people that want to go to Strat live, some will want to go to the dead side, and some people will want to go to Scholo, we have to come up with a way to be fair. This is what we are going to do. If we have a group of 5 for our run, we will all meet at the Flight Point in WPL's. Everyone will /roll, and the person with the highest roll will pick where we go.

Please keep in mind though that the first week, on the 3rd, we will be going to Scholo first. I know this instance the best out of all of them. This way, for the people who have not been on any of these runs, can see how we go through them.

Take care all, and I'll post more later.

Chris

I'm not sure how popular this is gonna be, but if theres 10 interested, I could lead a 2nd Scholo run. If not, then I'll gladly follow.

Back