Aack!

Apollux

These daily restarts are crazy. Looks like the latest one (today 11/7) took down Blizz's WoW site and everything. Sorry for the rant, but for a game with a new high of 11,000,000 subscribers each paying approximately $15 per month ($165M US), their server uptime percentage is brutal lately.

(Sorry for the rant.)

If you are going to post an "Aack!" then you have to do so while holding this pose:

Bill-The-Cat.jpg

Maintenance update,

The servers are currently being brought back online and should be playable by 7pm Terenas Server time :)

Additionally, information will be sent shortly to all characters through the in -game mail system. This message will provide further details concerning todays mail issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

The latest news anyway :)

I went to go log in when I got home, about 10 minutes ago, and I can't get on. Is this due to a "downtime" issue that I'm not aware of?

"Additionally, information will be sent shortly to all characters through the in -game mail system. This message will provide further details concerning todays mail issue."

This is like the Dilbert Cartoon where you have to have network access to apply for network access. In this case, *Blizzard : "we will send you an in-game mail detailing how you can get you in-game mail service restored"*

I know it isn't quite that, but still, kinda funny.

It's down today due to people getting free PvP gear.

Their server uptime has to be some where in the 80% range over the past couple of weeks. That would get just about any IT director fired.

Ehh, this isn't that bad, compared to TBC its about the same. Yesterday was a bit rough, but I've seen much worse (think two years ago when GEM caused all of Terenas's raid dungeons to crash every night.)

Ehh, this isn't that bad, compared to TBC its about the same. Yesterday was a bit rough, but I've seen much worse (think two years ago when GEM caused all of Terenas's raid dungeons to crash every night.)

haha I remember those days. Trying to raid good old MC. Friday nights we would always crash right around the same time we were pulling Mag. Then they finally gave Terenas new hardware to make it better.

Actually, it was extensive use of a badly coded mod that was killing Terenas. When those people making use of that mod realized it, they cut back on the mod and pressured the developer to fix it, which alleviated the server issues.

Back