A second Karazhan run?!

Tinie

I propose we start another Karazhan run and see how it goes with doing 2. We have enough folks keyed and interested for 2 for sure. We can try it a couple weeks and if there is not enough of a showing, go back to the one run.

I will start running one this Friday, and it will be on Mondays and Fridays thereafter. Monday 7-9p server and Friday 7-10p server.

Xandar, Wovenx, Yesmina, Durruck, Ambryana, Buto, Valkerie, Rengeof, Daire, and Mogrins are all signed up for Ron's run tomorrow, which is a good group.

We have Zennen, Aevista, Ashkenaz, Mimbari, Berstromme, Azolas, Argal, and Tinie that are keyed and would like to do the Mon/Fri run. So, we need 2 or more, depending on who and when folks can come.

I know of Radrune, Neirai, Esua, Wend, and Etoh that are keyed also, and there may be more. So, that gives us more than the 10 per group, but hopefully enough that want to come on the separate runs that we can do 2, and give just about all the folks that are keyed and wanting to come the ability to do so.

If we work on getting 2 groups geared, we may be able to look at doing a TF Gruul's lair run in the near future:)

So, what do y'all think? Want to try and see if we can get 2 runs going?

Wow, nice, good luck with the 2nd group, sadly those days won't work for us. I am sure you'll find the people. Great to see such involvement.

Mogrins is doing Xar's runs I think, but other than that, ya.

Current sign up tuesday is:
Yesmina, Daire, Xandar, Wovenex, Rengeof, Buto, Valkridie, Tinie, and Durruck for a total of nine, no standby's listed so hopefully everyone can show up, plus one more who wants to go.

Thursday is:
Yesmina, Daire, Xandar, Durruk, Ambriana, Zennen, Wovenex, Rengeof, Buto, Valkridie, and Tinie for a total of 11, or one extra

The problem with the way Blizz has things set up is if you attend one of these runs, you are blocked from another until the reset during maintenance, which stinks.

Angie, you are included in both sign ups, so lets gauge the interest we can gather and see. I can only run this week and next, before being out for two weeks anyway. Hope this works out. It may be that we need to wait one or two more weeks before we can truly get two groups going considering Adam's comment above.

The problem with the way Blizz has things set up is if you attend one of these runs, you are blocked from another until the reset during maintenance, which stinks.

Yeah, the reset is a bit long for a 10 man instance, imho. However, if two TF runs are going, some of us (ahem) with more than two 70's can perhaps really participate in both runs each week :)

I'm doing xars run for 2 reasons

1. There's already 2 hunters signed up for the TF run.. I'd rather do the TF run, but I guess I missed the sign in time hehe

2. Xar lives on the east coast, and times his runs accordingly. Randy, Sheri and I all live on the east coast, as do I'm sure others in the guild. If we do set up a second run It would be really super awesome if they could start at ~6:30-7:30pm EST.. Its very hard to start runs for me much later..

Just my 2 cents :)

The times of Angie's run works a little better for me, as well. I'm with Connor tho - I have 2 keyed characters and am willing to attend both runs. I'll attempt to figure out a way that I can offer the character that is the most useful to each of the runs, I hope that it won't be the same character on both runs :)

I'll still run into the same problems each week of the rotating work schedule, so it will vary week-to-week which days I can attend. For example, this month I work the 9th, 12th, 15th, 18th, etc... so any runs that fall on those days I will be completely unavailable. Any runs scheduled on the 8th, 11th, 14th, etc (the night before I work) I can't afford to stay up until 10pm to finish the run. I get up for work shortly after 3am server, and that's just not enough sleep.

Because of my inconsistancy, I also have no problem becoming an alternate for both runs. If I can attend, I'm thrilled to be included. But I also understand that for the sake of progress, someone that can be around for more than 66% of the runs is desired.

i have question. right now there is a standard group going to karazan which is great. But there is a few 70's including my self that are not keyed to go, cause we cant get runs for labs and then sv. Is there a way we can set up times once a week to say OK who isnt keyed that wants to be and then go on the pre runs for it. I know I have seen spots being offered up but none in the guild can take cause they aren't keyed and want to go. I am willing once a week to help people get keyed anytime.

One thing that I want to touch on is also back before TBC came out we had the same problem with MC and when people ed offered to come we were turned down due to never being there before. and yet we couldn't do the instance and get the experience.

this is my thoughts,and my two cents, I know it my rub a few the wrong way and thats not what i am trying to do and I am sorry if I do, but i feel it needs to be discussed also.

I think that's a good idea, in general. It's hard to set one night a week and say "this is when we're going to do keying runs" Schedules vary, real life intercedes, etc. All of us that have gotten keyed have just played it by ear. When there was a group available, we made a run somewhere.

As for the MC thing...that's a hard example. Molten Core was so big, so involved... and so difficult to get a group for, that once a group got together, nobody wanted to give up their place to let someone else new come in. Especially once you worked up your fire resist gear to 150. I know that when I hit 200 FR, I would've had a huge chip on my shoulder if I would have gotten bumped for a new player with low FR gear.

I think that as we continue to get more people keyed for Karazhan, we'll run into a similar problem, but it will be easily solved by just creating another group. For MC, it was hard to get 7 healers, 6 tanks, 4 warlocks, 4 mages, etc...40 people every week with 150+ Fire Resist gear, that could afford to farm food, mana/healing potions, fire resist pots, money for repairs (in the beginning, it wasn't uncommon to spend 15-20g a run for a cloth-wearer). But for Kara, it's pretty open-ended. 2 tanks, 2 healers and a bunch of DPS can get the first boss down without a problem. So far, resistance gear hasn't come into play, and coming up with one or two of each class/role doesn't seem to be horribly difficult, especially with all the druids and pallies that want to tank. :)

I think that this second run will give us a better understanding of what opportunities are available. It will show us whether or not extra groups will be viable.

Current sign up tuesday is:
Yesmina, Daire, Xandar, Wovenex, Rengeof, Buto, Valkridie, Tinie, and Durruck for a total of nine, no standby's listed so hopefully everyone can show up, plus one more who wants to go.

Hey Ron - I signed up for Tuesday also.

I'd love to see the runs starting earlier also. Going until 12 pm my time kills me the next day. How would a 6 pm server start time sound?

Last edited:
*doh* sorry Zennen, although he was in the guild calander, and would have been invited had he been on around the start time.

Missing him in this thread was unintentional and I appologize.

No Prob

Zennen had worked late tuesday so buy the time he got on all spots had been filled. I think that he will be joining in the run's with Tini group on friday and monday..

Thanks for the post though. :rolleyes:

Hey Angie - I'm saved to Ron's run, but I can be main healer for your run now on if you can't find one starting tuesday, I'm sure that Dan and Renee can heal ron's group and that Myself and one or two more can do a run for you. Sorry about the issue.

Valk

I really think we need 3 healing classes, especially during the learning process until we have fights down better. So if Ben leaves, we need another priest. Not just for heals, but for shackles.

I really think we need 3 healing classes, especially during the learning process until we have fights down better. So if Ben leaves, we need another priest. Not just for heals, but for shackles.

If one healer goes down..that leaves one healer. As we all know people can get one shotted. I was on morose got blinded and he went and one shotted renee. if we didnt have ben there, that would leave one healer. We had some broken CC issues and not good enough control on stuff that was being tanked other than the boss to not have enough healers.

Tinie Lexyus can be available for your runs if there is a need because one of your regular (Dps/Off-tanks) can't make it and you can't find anyone else.

Anyone that wants to run with Team 2 is welcome. Make sure you post the dates you can play in the post on Team 2, or sign up in Group Calendar.

Back