A new season of life

In related news: I've landed another interview at a local company, which will likely be scheduled for Tuesday. It's a tech support position.
The company has confirmed the interview for Tuesday afternoon. Please pray that all goes according to the Lord's will.

I took my car in to an auto repair shop Sunday evening to have someone inspect it yesterday (Monday). They looked the car over, called me back today, and estimated the repairs would cost just over $600.

A $600 auto repair bill is never good news, but it's especially bad when my wife and I are both unemployed.

As long as the repair shop guarantees their work, I plan to approve the expense and have them get started.

Once I start working, I have to set aside an additional $800 for regular maintenance. I'm about 13,000 miles overdue for the regular 60,000 mile maintenance, which I'm sure doesn't help. Unfortunately, I can't afford $800 maintenance right now--especially on top of $600 repairs.

Just got back from the job interview.

I feel like it went well. The job I interviewed for sounds very similar to previous help desk positions I've held, so I'm confident I'm qualified.

The company's HR person said I should expect to hear back from them within a week.

w00t!

I have interviews scheduled at the local newspaper for today (Thursday, June 26) and tomorrow. I'll be speaking with multiple editors to discuss multiple job openings in hopes of finding the best fit.

I'll also take some copy editing tests on Friday, so pray that I can stay calm and do well on the tests. I plan to grab my AP Style Handbook and take some time to refresh my memory tonight.

Most importantly, pray that the Lord's will be done. I'm excited about the possibility of finally working for a newspaper, but I know I'll only have peace taking the job if it's part of God's plan for my life.

I go in for editing tests and another round of interviews today at 2 p.m. Central. Please be praying!

I'm still waiting to hear back from the newspaper after last Thursday's interviews and Friday's tests.

I left a message yesterday for my contact at the company where I interviewed two weeks ago. They haven't called me back yet.

It's been one month and three weeks since my wife and I moved back to Springfield and we're still both unemployed. As our funds continue to dwindle, we may need to start seriously considering other job markets.

I'm feeling discouraged and aimless. I want to spend more time writing, but every time I sit down to type out a few ideas, I feel like I should be doing something for the job search--even if everything I can do now doesn't feel like it will produce any results.

Please pray that the Lord sustains both my wife and me through this transition period. Please also pray that He grants us both wisdom and patience. Finally, please pray that He makes His will for our life (more specifically, the next 3-5 years) so clear that we can't miss it.

It's now been over two months since my wife and I moved to Springfield and both of us are still unemployed. Both of us have started to look at jobs outside the Springfield area to prepare for the possibility that we may have to relocate to find work.

We both want to stay in the Springfield area so we can stay close to my wife's family, but we can't pay the bills if we can't find work.

Please pray that the Lord gives us favor with potential employers and that we both find good jobs soon.

I have, I have, We want you to stay there in misery hehehe! lol jk but its true I have been praying!

Thanks for the prayers. Here's an update:

I have a definite full-time job offer in St. Louis that I'll probably need to let them know something in the next few days.

Just today some possibilities have come up in my hometown in Southwest MO. Nothing is for certain yet, but they seem promising.

Both places have their pros and cons. Right now I'm still not sure of anything...the next few days will be a whirlwind because I'm going to have to start signing contracts and/or declining other offers. So. Please pray that things will go smoothly and for wisdom and discernment for Tekkie and me. :)

Thanks!

I have an interview for a PC rollout project (installing new computers) tomorrow (Wednesday) at 1 p.m. Central.

Please pray it goes as the Lord intends. (I need to pay the bills, but I'm not sure the job is a good fit for me.)

I'll also nudge Ember to ask her to update everyone on her situation (spoiler: it's good news).

okay, update

Last week, I declined the offer for the job in St. Louis. It was a difficult decision to make, but the more we think about it, the more confident we are that this was the wisest decision. Right now, it's a little scary turning down a "sure thing" for something that's a bit more of a gamble. I'm still in the process of lining out the details, and it will be more of a challenge, but I believe it will pay off in the long run.

A lot happened the week after I was given the job offer in St. Louis. It's actually kind of amazing how everything suddenly started coming together. Long story short, I have the opportunity to get my foot in the door of a private practice in Springfield, MO (where I'm from, and where my family is). I will be working there three half days a week, initially as an independent contractor. Eventually, the goal is to build up to full time, after which I will have the opportunity to buy in. I really like the doctor and his wife, the office is really nice, and we seem to have the same goals/philosophy. It seems like a really great fit.

While I am building up to full time, I will be working at a relatively small retail chain--the optometrist there now will be leaving in the next couple of weeks. It is really an incredible opportunity for someone in my position because it is part time and extremely flexible. I may also fill in one day a week for a while at another chain just because it's good, reliable income.

Tek agrees that this was the best decision, but it is difficult for him since the job market here is MUUUUCH smaller than it is in STL. So please pray that he is able to find something that is in some way fulfilling even if it is just temporary until he finds THE job.

Last edited:
</sarcasm> Hmmm a job for Tek, you mean living off your wife's laurels and being a spoiled trophy husband isn't exceptable? Oh well so much for my dream job :p

I must say it...
but I know I shouldn't...
-.O
O.-
can't contain
erk
O.O
I'm sure if you ask Ember real nice she will buy you Crono Trigger Tek hehe. :D </sarcasm>

I am praying for ya' Tek I hope you get a great job. :)

Last edited:
Ember could make bank and Tek could spend all day working on ToJ matters..lol.
Between ToJ and CGA, that could be a full-time job.

Speaking of jobs, the interview today went well. I'll know whether or not they want to bring me on for the project by next Friday (August 15) at the latest.

Back