A horrible Christmas present and the actions thereafter

Azami

Hey all, hope everyone had a great Christmas and everything. Me, not so much. After my family and I came back from the midnight mass from church during Christmas we got this letter in the mail from my university stating that I was dropped from the university. I'm taking it okay and all, but my entire family is kinda worried about what possibilities I have left. I've been trying to contact the dean about written support to try and let me back in but I no longer know if that is good enough anymore.

Now I'm at a point in my life where I feel just kinda stranded. I don't feel like I have any direction anymore about what I can or should do. Anything I had passion for were just mostly games like WoW, Chess, Magic: the gathering, and I certainly don't think I can make a career out of that. So now I'm just waiting to hear if the dean at my college can help me at all out of this or whether it's time for me to seek alternatives. I've also decided to deactivate Azami for the time being until I can just sort my life out. She'll still be playable until April 2, 2009 but it seems unlikely that I'll be in the mood or mindset to play WoW much at least with this much uncertainty. I'd just like to ask for your prayers during this time that God may help to ease the sufferings of my family, this event has taken a toll on all of us and that He may show me the path to take. Maybe if I can get out of this mess I'll bring Azami back to life, but for now she'll be floating around with the elemental spirits.

Praying for everything to work out. We know it will! He works out all things for the good of those who love Him and who have been called according to His purposes.

Know this: Romans 8:28 tells us that God is working ALL things for the good of them who love Him and are called according to His purpose. If God is first in your life, He is in control!

Seek to know Him better in this time of uncertainty and indecision. Also understand that God is not the author of confusion, but will set your paths straight. There are timew when we just need to sit back and take a breath instead of pushing the envelope. This may be one of those times for you as you seek God's direction.

Keep the faith!

praying, good time for evaluation of how and why you got here :( and you are so young you can turn anything around Azami! I remember toughing it out in college, working a job on top of it all. It takes lots of time (and little gaming time,heaheha). I never could of got through with a gaming life too. As far a making a living in the gaming industry, my niece is studying to do that very thing. She is studying everything that goes into making the graphic side of the games, she is at SCAD http://www.scad.edu/ and there are other colleges out there that have specialities in gaming creation if gaming is your passion, from programing to graphics design of such. Praying for your good success in whatever direction you choose. Keep the faith.

I had the Happy Birthday message in the guild message for the past few days, but I don't think you've been on to see it. Sounds like you have a new year full of new possibilities. I'm praying that you find your path or at the very least enjoy trying a new one. Stay in touch here or on facebook :)

<Group Hug>

Deffinately praying you and your family my friend.

Dont forget he has a plan for us all, although its not quite apparent to us till we need to know.

Keep your chin up. :)

I was in a similar situation recently

I lost my job and had to work 2 states away from my family ( my wife and three kids) Man that was a scary time for me.
I was in prayer about it constantly and didnt understand what was happening.
I kept doing what i felt the lord wanted me to do and kept a keen eye and ear open for his direction but mostly I stayed obediant and faithful.
The last week things were looking like i was going down I even had a car wreak to top it off. But the whole time i was following the lord I was even going to different churches in the area LOL that was uncomfotable for a minute.
Three weeks had gone and some leads where looking decent. But you know what? I got a call the last week, drove home, interviewed and was blessed with a job that was well beyond what i had imagined.
Many times i just think man, god knew this the whole time.
Anyway I hope this true story will help you.
The main point is praise him and have faith, he will take care of his children.

You are in my prayers
God bless you and your family

Last edited:
Apparently, despite my own doubts and assumptions, the dean of my college has allowed me back in as a student under some conditions. I may still be playing a little bit, but hopefully alot less then than usual to see if it's WoW that has caused such a spiral (I doubt it, but I my study habits are a bit "off" I guess.). This is the semester now that I have to do my best and show the college that giving me a second chance was not a mistake. Thanks everyone for your prayers and wish me luck with this coming semester.

Awesome news! However, you would be surprised how "lucky" you get by hard work and preparation. Story time:

After leaving the U.S. Navy, I attended college full time, worked full time, was a husband and father full time. I stayed on the Dean's List and graduated Cum Laude. I also served as a jail minister for our church for a couple of years. The amazing part - I have to really work hard to get a good grade! Real hard! They do not come easy to me. But I do believe if I had the study time some of the single kids did whose mom and dad ccould afford to pay their way with ammenities, I would have been in the top ten graduates!

Moral of the story: set your priorities and live by them. I could not afford to go anywhere without a book. Well, there were a few times... But everything except God, family and work took a back seat to my schooling for those hard years! My wife did so much to help me in those years and I could not have done it without her.

Back