8800 GT's are out

wow dude. u need to seriously calm down and not be so harsh on stuff even if its ur personal opinion. I know p4 aint the greatest and latest but its not like it was/is something you crapped out yesterday. and technically all benchmarks for a long time stated that intel p4 was the best for rendering anything and amd wasnt able to touch that for quite a long time. theres a reason their still #1

All p4s were horrible. 110+ watts for virtually nothing, imagine how much energy they consume in the world compared if companies had built OEM machines with more energy efficient processors.

...just like those darn cows keep farting, going to pollute the air so much we are all going to die, so why don't we just kill all the cows and burn all the intel p4's! *that was sarcasm*.

topic out of hand? admin lockz?

Please, don't. watch i can get everything under my wing again;GUYS PLEASE GET BACK ON TOPIC, TALK ABOUT GRAPHICS CARDS OR LEAVE.

Moderator's Note: Size tag removed from post. I'm not sure why we allow forum members to post text in gigantor font sizes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I prefer AMD and if/when I upgrade my wife's PC, I'll just get another AMD processor. She's actually quite jealous of my macbook though, so when it's time to upgrade her desktop, I'll probably just end up buying myself a Macbook Pro and I'll give her my Macbook (if I can get away with giving her the hand-me-down :)).

But seriously, back to the video card thing. I was talking with my boss today and he pointed out that my spending over $200 on my Geforce 3 Ti200 really wasn't that bad since I'm still using it six years later. It has actually been migrated through 3 system upgrades, so I guess the money was well spent. It still is working great for me though, so there's no need to upgrade yet. At the rate we're going with my very our current desktop, we won't need to do another major upgrade for a while. The next upgrade will be some more RAM and then eventually I'll put in the maximum processor upgrade that the motherboard will take. Then finally if the time comes to put in a new motherboard, I'll invest in another good videocard that can give me another great 10 years. :)

Personally I prefer AMD and if/when I upgrade my wife's PC, I'll just get another AMD processor. She's actually quite jealous of my macbook though, so when it's time to upgrade her desktop, I'll probably just end up buying myself a Macbook Pro and I'll give her my Macbook (if I can get away with giving her the hand-me-down :)).

But seriously, back to the video card thing. I was talking with my boss today and he pointed out that my spending over $200 on my Geforce 3 Ti200 really wasn't that bad since I'm still using it six years later. It has actually been migrated through 3 system upgrades, so I guess the money was well spent. It still is working great for me though, so there's no need to upgrade yet. At the rate we're going with my very our current desktop, we won't need to do another major upgrade for a while. The next upgrade will be some more RAM and then eventually I'll put in the maximum processor upgrade that the motherboard will take. Then finally if the time comes to put in a new motherboard, I'll invest in another good videocard that can give me another great 10 years. :)

You seem to be good at saving money.

Back