6/6/6

Are there modern day prophets? And no, Benny Hinn doesn't count.

What, Benny Hinn is not a profit?

I think the thing to remember with days like this is that many want something to hold on to. Assigning meaning (incorrectly) to a day such as this gives a false sense of security, projecting known into the unknown

Dark Virtue said:
What separates a prophecy from a "prophecy"?

Are there modern day prophets? And no, Benny Hinn doesn't count. :)

Well lets see here, where to start....

Modern day prophets? hmmmm.... Well, to my knowledge there are some people who have been given the gift of prophecy. However, Would I call them prophets? No. I would call them Men or Women of God to whom God gives a message that He wants the people to hear. I have heard some of these men and women give prophecy. It is a really cool thing.

How do you seperate prophecy? Well that is a discussion for anotehr thread.

In fact, so is my response hehe

Genesis1315 said:
What, Benny Hinn is not a profit?

Gen made a funny! :)

I think the thing to remember with days like this is that many want something to hold on to. Assigning meaning (incorrectly) to a day such as this gives a false sense of security, projecting known into the unknown

But don't all prophecies project known into the unknown?

the_great_eskimo_pie said:
Well lets see here, where to start....

Modern day prophets? hmmmm.... Well, to my knowledge there are some people who have been given the gift of prophecy. However, Would I call them prophets? No. I would call them Men or Women of God to whom God gives a message that He wants the people to hear. I have heard some of these men and women give prophecy. It is a really cool thing.

How do you seperate prophecy? Well that is a discussion for anotehr thread.

In fact, so is my response hehe

I couldn't read your post because your sig was SO HUGE!

Eon said:
Didn't the first letters from the Apostles to the various churches suggest that the end of the world was going to happen within their lifetime?

I believe they said soon, but they didn't know anyway.

As evidence that particular prophecy was wrong, here we are today. Yet, the denomination still exists.

I know, my homeschool group used to meet at one. They didn't seem to allow caffeine or ham (something like that) and yet when some people belonging to that church went bowling they drank caffinated pepsi... maybe they think not inside the church is ok? I dunno. I never got that denomination anyway.

Eon said:
Didn't the first letters from the Apostles to the various churches suggest that the end of the world was going to happen within their lifetime?

Actually the prediction was from Christ Himself...Matt. 24. Jesus was referring to the nation of Israel coming to an end, an end in judgement for refusing to acknowledge Jesus as the Messiah.

All the talk of the stars falling and the moon turning to blood, all of this is the same warnings to other nations in the OT when thier demise was at hand. The corresponding texts in Luke 21 and Mark 13 confirm this, and the "abomination of desolations" was when Rome had Israel surrounded. Revelation was also written between 66 and 68 AD, before the nation of Israel fell. Most of what is written there is speaking of the destruction of Israel.

Eon said:

Actually, Jesus predicted the end of Israel as a nation. This is commonly misunderstood nowadays as the end of the world. Matt. 24, Luke 21 and Mark 13 all speak of the same thing. All of the symbolism of wars and rumors of wars, stars falling from the skies, moon turning to blood, are all used in the OT to signify the end of a nation. Because Israel refused to acknowledge Jesus as the Messiah, they were judged and the judgement was their destruction. Israel as a nation was destroyed in 70AD. Jesus predicted this would happen Matt 24:33-24 “33Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. 34I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.” This is the key passage. Jesus did not mean “this generation 2000 years from now” He was speaking to that generation then.

Also, the book of Revelation was written sometime between, 66-68 AD as a warning to the nation of Israel, that its destruction was coming soon. For more reading on this see “The Beast of Revelation” by Kenneth Gentry.

Back