6/6/6

Short answer: no.

Long answer: In the Hebrew calendar, June 6, 2006 means nothing.

I'm actually more interested in what people will say about Dec 21st, 2012, when the Mayan calendar actually comes to an end.

What do the ancients know that we don't? And when did Bush know and what has he done about it? This and more on Hardball with Chris Matthews.

I think on this day...people will wake up, have food, go to work, eat dinner, and go to sleep....just like 06-05-06

Oh! Oh! I shall eat a pizza.

Otherwise.... nothing. Only God knows what will happen.

Oh yeah, and WBK, funny about Bush :p

nothing will happen but people will find links to events and come up with something...just like when it was 1999.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:

I'm actually more interested in what people will say about Dec 21st, 2012, when the Mayan calendar actually comes to an end.

What do the ancients know that we don't? And when did Bush know and what has he done about it? This and more on Hardball with Chris Matthews.

I hear that once the clock strikes 0000HRS it will be Dec. 22nd, but don't quote me on that.

michaelpi said:
well some poeple are saying its the day saten will rise

And people made similar dire predictions in the year 1000, in the year 2000, back in 1984, and many other dates. However in Scripture Jesus tells us that even He does not know the day or time, that only the Father does, and it will come like a thief in the night. Our worry should be for today, and who are we being Jesus for today, what are we doing today. Tommorow (including the end times) will care for themselves.

well some poeple are saying its the day saten will rise

If I see a Charlie Brown special on this, I am done (j/k)

Aren't we told not to worry anyway. Either we are going to put our trust in the Lord or we aren't. I don't recall any Biblical prophecies scheduled for this day

You are now my second favorite Phil Hendrie fan.

Dark Virtue said:
That doesn't seem to stop "prophets" from making claims that God told them the date.

I never could figure that one out.

That's why I don't get 7th Day Adventistism. The whole denomination was formed as a result of a "prophecy" that the world would end in the 1800's. As evidence that particular prophecy was wrong, here we are today. Yet, the denomination still exists.

Ahhhhhh... ...That would be a tuesday, thus I will go to fencing that day (I hope). Well think about this. What happened on this day 6/6/666? That day is long gone, so I'd like to say I'm still alive. Ya know what good ol JC said about this. "Do not worry about tomorro, tomorro will worry about itself."

Didn't the first letters from the Apostles to the various churches suggest that the end of the world was going to happen within their lifetime?

hmm... its kinda obvious... bible says that noone shall now the time... *the rapture*

but that doesn't mean its NOT going to happen. you can have some maniac predict everyday of the year for his whole life time. it could happen, regardless whether or not he chooses to "predict' that day.

That's why I don't get 7th Day Adventistism. The whole denomination was formed as a result of a "prophecy" that the world would end in the 1800's. As evidence that particular prophecy was wrong, here we are today. Yet, the denomination still exists.

What separates a prophecy from a "prophecy"?

Are there modern day prophets? And no, Benny Hinn doesn't count. :)

Dark Virtue said:
That doesn't seem to stop "prophets" from making claims that God told them the date.

I never could figure that one out.

So called prophets will scream that the end is near, and they are right. the end has been near since Christ left the earth. However, human beings can only guess as to the time and date. Remember back before the year 2000, most people thought that the world was going to come to an end on January 1st, 2000 at the stroke of 12:01 am. Did it happen? No.

So called "prophets" and everyday people can make all the claims they want as to when Christ is coming back, or the world is going to end. However, it does not make it any more clear.

Jesus said before He left that ""But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." (Mark 13:32)

Watching for the Lord's return does not mean idly speculating about the time of His coming or setting dates. Instead, we should be living every minute preparing for His return and reaching the lost, those without Christ, for the Kingdom. Remember, ""Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the theif would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect." (Matthew 24:42-44)

I do not pay attention to people who think they figured out when the Lord is coming. I simply take to heart the words Jesus spoke in John 14:2-3. "In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and recieve you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

Hope that helps clear up confusion on dates. Do I think something is going to happen on 6/6/06? I have no idea. That is a ways in the future. I will live day by day. God bless.

Back