3DO Bankrupt

This is from IGN.com

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]May 29, 2003 - According to numerous sources, every last employee at 3DO (the company responsible for the ill-fated console of the same name as well as the entire Army Men franchise) was allegedly let go earlier today and the company as a whole is in the process of or has already filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

This comes as a shock, to be sure, but industry pundits have been witnessing a slow financial and creative decline of the company for years, so while somewhat surprising in the way the closure came about, the end of Trip Hawkins' baby is not entirely unexpected.

The 3DO Company's marketing director Rick Reynolds, however, countered the "going out of business" claims as false. "3DO is still in business," said Reybolds in a calm, collected voice. "There are teams working on games, including Jacked, Street Racing Syndicate, Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and others. There is a zero chance of that happening. No one is going to let High Heat Baseball disappear. Someone will pick up these games.

"What is true is that we are up for sale. We have experienced financial difficulties, and we have had a big stream of people coming through the office today, and there have been companies looking at potentially buying our games, either in a big package, or in parts, or as individual games. We have been on the phone all day long, but I don't know of anything more than that happening today."

Exact details of the alleged mass termination are largely unknown, but from what we've learned today, no severance packages or extended pay was offered. "There have been a lot of rumors, and I'm not in the office, but you have to take it all with a grain of salt," added Reynolds.

When IGN called The 3DO Company to get an additional confirmation, the front desk message service kicked in. No prompt for leaving a message or contacting 3DO employees was offered. Additionally, even though the recorded message explained that 3DO is open from 8 am to 6 pm, our 5:45 pm call unsuccessfully reached anyone.

Best of luck to all of those who find themselves without gainful employment.

Based on the article, it appears that they're still working on a few games, including four horsemen of the apocolypse.

Just checked out that site.. first time i heard anything on the 4horsemen.....

wow.gif

I certainly hope that never reaches completion

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rizz @ June 01 2003,8:48)]Just checked out that site.. first time i heard anything on the 4horsemen.....

wow.gif

I certainly hope that never reaches completion
I agree, that game looks pretty messed up.

Why? It looks pretty cool to me.
I mean, you're who again? Azrael? Or one of the angels of God. Gotta get three others. A prostitute, a politician and a mass murderer to incite the Apocalypse?
It sounds pretty cool to me. Looks tons gory and violent, but it looks like it promises an interesting story and gameplay.

But I must admit, it's rather appalling, although why not? An end of the world game with angels and guns? It sounds cool.
What's your main problems with it? And I don't think 3DO's going to go down yet. Not yet.

A few of the pictures may be, umm, revealing or whatever, but the game has an interesting story to it...I suppose: BRING DOWN GOD'S THRONE isn't what I would call Christian at all, but then again, the end of the world WILL happen, and it is in GOD'S WORD, so what's so evil about it if you play a game about it?

it twists scripture, you play a demon, it has occult symbols everywhere and pestilence is pretty darn sexy I doubt it looks like that! You see nothing wrong at all eh? okaaaaaay....

Back