2/11/08 - Al'Ar Best Attempt Video

Nice attempt, and not a bad video, other than you using Windows Movie Maker, YUK! ...and I would like to see the numbers :( ... I use Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 ... I had to use it when I worked at Indiana Films, it is an amazing program...plus, if you go to collage or know anyone in collage you can get it for under $50 in most cases, right now the newest version (CS3, I prefer 1.5 over it) runs at $800... :) ... Also, .wmv files are very low quality now matter what you do with them...

Feel free to send me $800 dollars and I will make my movies high quality for you. ;) The original file was 800x600 but WMM wanted to export it at 720x480 which made text like my xperl unit frames unreadable at that point.

Couple things I noticed. The fight ended with Al'ar at 27% which is our best attempt to date. The ember exploding in the tank group towards the end was brutal. Where wins the longest unassisted flight award at the end. Phase 1 on the platforms seemed pretty solid. Looked like adds were roaming about a bit. Do they not stay stationary on an add tank? We lost a lot of DPS towards the middle of phase 2 which put us well into the enrage timer at the end. Only 20-30 seconds left on it and Al'ar still had a lot of health.

But "we" (not me) did better, and that's a start! :)

35%, now 27%, maybe we will get him to 19% next time... :)

Healers are comfortable
Tanks are comfortable
I think its just a matter now of getting dps clicking on stage two.

The only other think I could suggest is stage two, range on adds and mellee on A'lar That way when the adds blow up, only the tank is taking damage.

Dude that video had awesome quality! Nice work Sandric!

Edit!: Pfft...Xperl... You need Pitbull. Looks cleaner.

i know this may not be much of a help but im able to raid again and will help in anyway possible on brug in 25 mans

I'm think out loud here and nobody has to respond regarding A'lar.

Stage 1, we got. This is not a problem.
Stage 2, we don't, because if we did, A'lar would be down.

Lets say stage two we have one pally tank on the adds. Lets say he goes to where the meteor lands and picks them both up and pull them away from A'lar. For the sake of simplicity, he goes south and the A'lar tank pulls A'lar north. Then instead of having mellee on the adds, put all the mellee on A'lar and all ranged on the adds. Give the adds tank raid assistant so he can mark an add for the ranged to kill first. That way, only one tank blows up and there is no mellee at risk or loosing dps going in and out (mellee becomes a constant dps). Then the ranged takes down the second add, but the ranged can't kill the second add until the tank is over 80% health so they can take the explosion on death effect, so ranged will need to pay attention to Target of Target. Then ranged can go back on A'lar.

Would /cast [target=targetoftarget] intervene help the MT pick up A'lar after she charges a random member to reduce the risk of getting flamebuffets if A'lar chooses not to go back to the MT?

Anyway, those are my thoughts of "would any of this rambling" help.

Last edited:
not a bad idea, I had no problem surviving 2 at a time on stage 2. Another side benefit of using ranged on adds is kinda similar to curator, if melee spends half its time running around trying to get in range then running out to avoid blowing up it doesnt seem too effective.

One more thinking out loud, are warlocks the best dps to put on adds? seems their DOTs would be more effective on the boss and mages/hunters burst type direct damage better on adds?

Back