Steam's Holiday Sale!

Must...resist...buying...more...games.

Dawn of War "Everything Pack" for $29.99? I don't know if I'll be able to hold out.

EDIT: Post #4,200!

Last edited:
I just watched a video of 100+ mob fight in Mount and Blade and was very impressed. I hear its totally addicting and has a huge mod following plus it runs great on older systems.
14.99 too!

I really should have posted a "Tek Prediction" :D on CGA because I knew this was going to happen. In fact I transferred money into my paypal account 3 days ago specifically for this I was so sure. Now comes the Gerbil indecisiveness marathon whether there is anything I should actually buy. If being cheap alone made games I actually wanted to buy I'd already have a ton of never played horrible games.... must resist... gasp... at least a little :p...

Team Fortress 2 is 9.99 again! I won't rest until every CGA'er has it :D!

Last edited:
Warhammer Everything! and then Bioshock 4.99!!!!!!!!!!! must resist wallet purge!
I'm tempted to buy it, even knowing the demo didn't run very well on my system and I would have to uninstall Call of Duty 4 to make room for it.

I mean, $5 for Bioshock? Yeh, that's hard to pass up.

Hmm I think now may be a good time for me to post in Christian non-gaming forums looking for members.

Picked up the UT pack, Bioshock, and HL1:Opposing Force all for 25 bucks.

I mean, $5 for Bioshock? Yeh, that's hard to pass up.

The next time Bioshock will be $5 is when it will have "Classic" written in a gold strip across the top 10 years from now.

Seriously, lol.

Just get it and when you get a newer PC down the line you can re-download it and play it off of that.

$5 is hard to pass up. Thats like a trip to McDonald's.

The next time Bioshock will be $5 is when it will have "Classic" written in a gold strip across the top 10 years from now.

Seriously, lol.

Just get it and when you get a newer PC down the line you can re-download it and play it off of that.

$5 is hard to pass up. Thats like a trip to McDonald's.
Good point.

Of course, I might be building a new PC about the time I see that gold "Classic" strip on a Bioshock box if things continue as they are (i.e. unemployed).

Last edited:
Woohoo!!

Bioshock is downloaded and stuff!!! woooot!!

Time to scare the stuffing out of myself!

Odd am I missing something here? The Spore + The Creepy and Cute parts pack combo price is 62.98 but if you look on the same page the individual price for the games is 55.48, it even adds it for you on the page the displays 62.98 like it is a great deal :p http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1262/ . When you look up The Half Life 2 Complete pack it's $31.49 http://store.steampowered.com/sub/716/ but the The Orange Box which has all of those is 26.99 http://store.steampowered.com/sub/469/. The Orange Box has HF2 Deathmatch though they don't list it for some reason or at least mine did, even adding it in seperately it's still cheaper 26.99 + 4.49 = 31.48). I am guessing Valve doesn't bother to update prices very well for sales?

Last edited:
Okay, I buckled and bought Bioshock for $5.

I think I'll uninstall Call of Duty 4 and Shin Megami Tensei: Online to make room for Bioshock once I finish a few games on my Wii, PS2, and DS. It may be a while before I get around to playing Bioshock, but I couldn't pass up that price.

EDIT: I was very tempted to drop $30 on the Dawn of War everything pack, but I already bought 3 Wii games on Black Friday (Boom Blox for $20, Okami for $15 and Mercury Meltdown Revolution for $10) and I'm still unemployed with no job interviews scheduled at this time. :(

Here's hoping Steam repeats the sale on Dawn of War.

Last edited:
Okay, I buckled and bought Bioshock for $5.

I got some excellent info about that game from Keero so I decided not to buy it :) ... he also said it made him scream like a girl (ok maybe that's a half truth :p).

...and I'm still unemployed with no job interviews scheduled at this time. :(

:( Would it make you feel better if I listen to your qualifications, tell you I'll get back to you and then never do? :p You'll get a good job Tek I know it, just keep on trying! :)

Last edited:
Hey all, new guy here.
I highly recommend Mount and Blade. I bought it when it was in beta for $11.00 and I still play it regularly, bith the vanilla version and the many many mods and conversions for it.

Hey all, new guy here.
I highly recommend Mount and Blade. I bought it when it was in beta for $11.00 and I still play it regularly, bith the vanilla version and the many many mods and conversions for it.

Hi new guy Welcome to CGA! :D <kidding>Send me three forums of id, the deed to your car and your firstborn child (I'll take an IOU if you don't have one) so we can get the inaugural hazing out of the way and move on to the generic freshman abuse!</kidding>

May your stay at CGA be a pleasant and happy one filled with much spam! :D

Hi new guy Welcome to CGA! :D <kidding>Send me three forums of id, the deed to your car and your firstborn child (I'll take an IOU if you don't have one) so we can get the inaugural hazing out of the way and move on to the generic freshman abuse!</kidding>

May your stay at CGA be a pleasant and happy one filled with much spam! :D

That would be spam outside of the shared CG forums and in the forums of your chosen guild where such things are tolerated (and usually encouraged) right Gerbil ;)

That would be spam outside of the shared CG forums and in the forums of your chosen guild where such things are tolerated (and usually encouraged) right Gerbil ;)

I meant friendly loving spam (which is half the content of CGA) like said welcome not the evil spam of annoyance and posting just to post :).

Last edited:
I got some excellent info about that game from Keero so I decided not to buy it :) ... he also said it made him scream like a girl (ok maybe that's a half truth :p).
Aye, I know the game includes some scary and even disturbing content, but I figure I'm only out $5 if I decide to stop playing it.

Back