Zul'Aman Raiding - Toon Gearing?

Apollux

So, I've been fortunate to go on many of the Forgiven raids into Kara (and am looking forward to more). I see that many of you are also venturing into Zul'Aman as well. My question is, what kind of gear is necessary to be of benefit to the rest of the raid? I'd like to go at some point, but be able to "carry my weight" and be of use as well.

Right now I'm MM Hunter spec'd, but am thinking about going SV to give the group the "Expose Weakness" buff and improved traps (CC). Seems the Guild is light on SV Hunters and with the AGI bonus I should be at 600 or so AGI. I understand that's the min for getting the true benefit from SV. My current Ranged Attack Power is 1950 w/ self buffs and my damage is currently at 687 - 828 with a 20.70% Crit. I have a couple of enchants to get yet (such as +AGI on my weapons) but was hoping something (like Legacy) might drop from Kara this week.
Here's my toon on the Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terenas&n=Artaioz

Wisdom and comments appreciated.

Best,

Bob --->

In general, you want to be "Epic" geared (Mainly) = Kara, Heroic drops/badge rewards, world Drops and gear from professions. As for your spec as a hunter, talk to Adam or Ron.

Speaking as someone who has seriously tried SV on several occasions, 600 agil is not enough to make it worthwhile to a 10 man. I would say 800 agil BEFORE you switch to SV.

SV is quite different with respect to dps as well. Frankly, you prob need to be doing T6 content (25 mans) to make SV worth the loss in dps to the raid. There are very few hunters who would be valuable (from a min maxing standpoint) to a 10 man raid.

If you just want to do SV for fun, knock yourself out *grin* I enjoy it, but understand I am losing about 30% of my dps right off the top. As in dropping from up to 1600 dps to a MAX of 1000 to 1100. 500 dps is hard to make up by buffing the other physical dpsers in only a 10 man. I know our ZA group runs heavy on spell casters for example.

Back