Yet Another Level of Account Security From Blizzard

A free alternative for guild members not able to purchase an authenticator =-D

Perhaps, but I would still recommend getting an Authenticator. Note that this Dial-In Authenticator only kicks in when unusual account activity is detected. An Authenticator checks on every log-in.

[7F]LarryBoy;403491 said:
Perhaps, but I would still recommend getting an Authenticator. Note that this Dial-In Authenticator only kicks in when unusual account activity is detected. An Authenticator checks on every log-in.

Good point.

yeah, I still tend to agree with our new State of the Union requiring every member to have an authenticator. And this is also only available in the States so far, no?

Just to clarify, it isn't mandatory for new members to have the authenticator. Without one however, you can't access bank tabs 2 and up nor can you get to veteran status.

We do however strongly recommend the use of an authenticator.

Question.

How do folks let you know they have an authenticator?

I do have one and have had since they came out. Never had a problem. I know others without an authenticator that have had their accounts hacked. Even those that changed their passwords often (one even changed his everyday).

often hackers get you info when you change your password, not when you log into the game.
I'm curious to see if, in Cataclysm, there is a way that Blizzard will let us know by a different means which toons/accounts have authenticators, especially if it is tied to guild ranks/GB access.

Back