WvW status of SoR?

_ALF_

Hey all,
I am on Crystal Desert, but all my RL buddies quit GW2, so I am possibly going to hop over to you guys :)
What is the state of WvW for you all, are you usually winning with dynamic WvW? Basically, how is that going for you guys?
-ALF/Bunny Mcduckface (Asura Thief)

LoE has a WvW Guild Named "[CAMP] Halt None Shall Pass"
we often camp/take over the Eternal Battlegrounds Jumping Puzzle to prevent the enemy from getting their seige blueprints from the chest at the top,
portal bomb keeps owned by the enemy and join in regular WvW zergs.

as far as winning it varies,
sometimes we are outnumbered and overpowered and other times we take over most of the map

Our server is currently ranked 5th and we do decent during the day, but our biggest weakness is having no overnight oceanic coverage so Blackgate tends to take everything away overnight. Currently we place 2nd each week.

Like Raven said, SoR and IoJ/Tarnished Coast don't have a solid constant presence throughout the off-hours which lets Blackgate sweep the Borderlands and come out on top. However, SoR is a tier 2 server and consistently places second in our match ups. Crystal Desert is a tier 3 server, so you shouldn't see too much of a difference between CD and SoR in terms of WvW, but we do have an awesome community, not just in the Legacy of Elijah and other Christian guilds, but also as a server and with some of the other major guilds there. I've had more positive experience with random people on SoR than negative encounters.

Essentially what Raven/STC said. Blackgate are our rivals; quite frankly we have better teams. I know this because we are taking them out every day during peak hours. We simply cannot keep up with the night crew they have. However, as long as I'm not focused on winning, it's a nice dynamic because there is a good bit of back and forth. As mentioned, we also have a pro EB JP crew.

I've noticed SoR participation is waning a tad; I see us outmanned sometimes during the weekend afternoon, and can't remember the last time I had a queue to get in at the times I've tried. But we still fight on. SoR has a lot of spirit.

Back