World of Warcraft: Cataclysm digital download now available for preorder/download

I would love this just to be able to play immediately. For some reason I am having an internal itch to actually purchase a 'hard copy'; I still have only paid for the online upgrades and do not physically have any copies.

Thanks Alan...I will have more of a mental debate about this decision then it probably warrants but who knows. Have you already bought your digital copy?

I would love this just to be able to play immediately. For some reason I am having an internal itch to actually purchase a 'hard copy';

I have the exact same thing running though my mind, I may be leaning towards getting the box just a little

only issue i see with this is that EVERYONE, or so it seems, will be downloading this and it will take forever to actually pull down new content.

I believe they said at blizzcon that you can pull down the material in advance and be in game playing at 12:01 with this method.

Too many choices...!

I'm also a fan of midnight release parties, so I'd have to be make sure none of my friends are going to be out having a good time without me... while I'm at home booting up Cata. That is really tempting, though.

Pre-ordered the collectors but it's also downloaded (i think) as per someones trick they mentioned about modifying the config file.

yeah the trick works good for downloading with a collectors but you will still have to wait for it to arrive to put your key in.

*sigh* - I have crumbled, paid for, and am going to be downloading the digital copy. I'm going to plan an 'all-nighter' for Dec 7th! All complete with a pre-midnight nap of course!

In order to be properly prepared for release, I will be...... well earning a living. I have plenty of days off I need to burn or lose by years end, but unfortunately one of my major projects is at a key point - BOOO. Yup, I will miss much of the fun for the first few days.

I am sure I will catch up somehow :)

Back