World event!!!

Xymnas

Trieb of Judah Starcraft Series Chapter Co-leader
Was lame. The lag was unbearable and by the time I got to a boss to kill in my zone he would be dead. I got kicked from the game via dc and had a 3 hour wait to rejoin.

Personally it was dumb.

*shrugs*

Have to say that this event was full of FAIL. Been really enjoying the level 50 content so far but this world event was lame. I am glad its over and wish they didn't hype it so much.

Now we can get back to fun stuff like Friday Night Fights!

I couldn't agree more! My experience consisted of lagging over to a boss, just to have a higher level defiant kill me in a couple hits. I participated in the event but didn't get credit to boot.

Everything else in this game has been incredibly well done. Trion cant control griefing in pvp though.

I couldn't agree more! My experience consisted of lagging over to a boss, just to have a higher level defiant kill me in a couple hits. I participated in the event but didn't get credit to boot.

Everything else in this game has been incredibly well done. Trion cant control griefing in pvp though.

THIS!

Yes, However they can control scheduling and setting up the event better. After 2 weeks you would think they could make each server's WORLD EVENT quest read the correct lauch time for that server. Rather then lauching 3 hours after the event was due 1 week later then we were told it would.

As for the lag, yes this made it not fun. I spammed my AOE Heals and I know they helped some people too, but I have to saythe total lack of achievement from my attempt made the whole deal lame-o.

I sent them feedback on this event as well, and I would enourage everyone to do this too. SINCE they can not improve it until they hear feedback.

I agree that it was lame, and I hate that I wasted so much time wating on that. I DO however think that all the other things I have seen in rift have been wins! Most all the content has been great. The level 50 content has also been a blast. The instace the other night was SUPER FUN... This event was NOT!!!!

I look forward to any improvement they make on this subject but outside of this, I think I will continue to enjoy the daily content.

Hm. I was upset at the delays, restarts, and non-event before I logged off to go to small group. But everything I'm hearing so far makes me glad that I didn't suffer through it. Hopefully, there's still going to be a runners-up prize since I participated in the first stage..

Yah I gotta say the entire game so far and from what I've heard has be awesome!!!! I can't wait to hit 50.

Agreed. Frustrating this afternoon. Yet I will not let it sway my opinion of the game. Not many games in the last couple years can boast what Trion has done with Rift in their launch. It has been a great first month for Rift, and I am looking forward to the long haul ahead with it.

On only a mildly-related note... has anyone experienced massive griefing like what happened in some of the lower zones today? Or was this a fluke?

I was concerned about that kind of activity when we were debating about servers in the first place. To me, Open PvP is only fun when you're playing the odds by engaging mobs when an enemy *could* attack you... not when a roving raid-sized band of 50s decide to pummel their way through a bunch of 20s...

I chuckle when I get griefed. The shoe will fall on the other foot some day. PvP servers are win.

On only a mildly-related note... has anyone experienced massive griefing like what happened in some of the lower zones today? Or was this a fluke?

I was concerned about that kind of activity when we were debating about servers in the first place. To me, Open PvP is only fun when you're playing the odds by engaging mobs when an enemy *could* attack you... not when a roving raid-sized band of 50s decide to pummel their way through a bunch of 20s...

I'd have to say i agree and disagree with this. Yah talk about annoying to have them pillage through low level places and the fact that i couldnt see them until i was dead due to the lag, but I guess thats kinda what you get for joining a PVP server. The only reason i'm really playing this game is really for the pvp. And so far at my lvls its seem to be really fair. BUT at the same time running around killing a snake for a quest and a 50 comes up and one-hits you=dumb.

Hopefully the next time Trion puts out a world event they fix the stability and a few other things.

And yes I did send them something saying what I thought about the event and how it could of improved. Hopefully they will take my and everyone else' ideas to thought and pull something out thats spectacular.

So far....the game has done what WAR and a few other MMO's couldnt do.

more importantly then the scheduling, they need to make the later phases last longer, it doesn't feel all that epic when you wait around for phase two to start and then it's over in half an hour, especially when you don't get any credit for it despite having been attacking the boss. If each phase lasts for a week minimum people wouldn't feel as pressured to flood the servers.

BTW i just watched a video of this on the PTR on youtube.......there is a little language so i wont link the video but if you wanna see what the end boss looks like or what happens, then check out the video. The ending is INSANE!!!

BTW i just watched a video of this on the PTR on youtube.......there is a little language so i wont link the video but if you wanna see what the end boss looks like or what happens, then check out the video. The ending is INSANE!!!

You got a link? I wanna see!

Back