Wondering if any of you would be interested in helping me out

DanR12

Right now MS is having a contest to find an app to create for the upcoming Windows Phone 7 platform (something I'm excited about). I had an idea for a Windows Media Center app so I submitted it. Now I need votes for it. You can get to it by going to http://www.windowsphone7.com/ineedthisapp/?pbb_qsi=43200491 and simply clicking the vote button. You can vote once a day. I do win some prizes if my idea wins so if that means I'm violating TOS here or something, admins, feel free to delete this. Or if this isn't exactly the forum to post this, feel free to move it.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated.

Your idea sounds valid, more so than other more popular ones, so I voted for it (although I don't have a phone). When doth the contest end?

Last edited:
July 8th. And if anyone else comes up with a good idea and submits it, I'll be sure to support it. If MS is going to make a free app, I just want it to be a good one.

if this kind of feature winds up being in a windows phone, I would definitely be looking into getting one.

voted.

O' Danny boy you are number 1 ! Let's keep the votes coming in people! :D

P.S. Yes I will occasionally, shamelessly, bump this thread until the contest ends.

P.S.S. If I remember that is XD.

Last edited:
I voted for yours.

Your app is the best there is thus far, by far. Seriously.

Number 2 is a party reminder. Really??!?

Pssh, only guy on the Geo Map that voted in Alaska. 4sham.

It also turns out that if you read the fine print of the contest, part of the final decision on who wins is "Audience support." So if you REALLY want to help out, leave a review (positive of course) on that page. Don't have to register to leave a review either. It breaks down like this: 25% viral influence (which I've got going for me), 25% relevance (which I think I have), 25% audience support (which I'm trying to build), and 25% creativity (not sure how creative my app is).

Last edited:
Well it looks like things have gotten dirty in the contest. I'm guessing one person (or a group of people) have gone on the top entries and started leaving negative reviews and negative ratings on positive reviews. I'm not sure how this will impact the final judging, but it you really want to be helpful, post a positive review and/or register with the site and give the positive reviews positive ratings. Down to 10 days. I promise this will be my last bump on here for this.

Well it looks like things have gotten dirty in the contest. I'm guessing one person (or a group of people) have gone on the top entries and started leaving negative reviews and negative ratings on positive reviews. I'm not sure how this will impact the final judging, but it you really want to be helpful, post a positive review and/or register with the site and give the positive reviews positive ratings. Down to 10 days. I promise this will be my last bump on here for this.

Pish posh your bumps don't bug me. I was going to bump it again but figured you didn't need it with that lead. Sorry to hear about the "dirtiness" changing that :( .

Well it looks like things have gotten dirty in the contest. I'm guessing one person (or a group of people) have gone on the top entries and started leaving negative reviews and negative ratings on positive reviews.
So much drama in the industry.

I joined and did what I could rating the reviews. I did not blanket + them all as a couple were negative on the idea, irrelevant to the idea or incomprehensible. It certainly looked like a group of people just blanket negatived all his reviews but it's more splotchy now that I canceled some of it. Need two or three more people to cancel the rest at least. Looks like the poor guy below Dan got negative spamed too.

Last edited:
Back