Why Ret

JeremyMitch

why is it that people say if the ret pally is in group they will not stay in the group:( then they are like why are you dps, you should be a heal!!!!

and why dont people say that for shadow priest,
priest are healers right!!!!

(Shadowbill you rock)lol ;)

so because im ret i cant get any groups!!!!

just makes me sad!!!!! :( :(

I'd blame it on the damage meters.

If there were never any damage meters no one would know how low Ret-noobs do in the DPS department.

Ok, here is my take on it, and I could be wrong. In the 3 years i have been playing, ret pallys do significantly less dps than other caster/melee classes/specs. In addition, they bring very little value add to a group. (no crowd control, no significant buffs, pets, can't off heal in dps gear, etc, etc, etc.) so when you get invited to a group, those people (jerks) are thinking "why would I bring a ret pally when I could bring a Mage/shammy/shadow priest? Mages can do mad dps and cc, elemental shaman have crazy totems, heroism, pets, and have decent healing even in dps gear, shadow priests regent an amazing amount of mana/health allowing all mana users to dps/heal longer and harder.

It's not your fault, blizz just hates the ret pally. :(

no one would know how low Ret-noobs do in the DPS department.

Wow, is your information off... Pallies can DPS just as well as anyone now... And dissing ret pallies really offends me, and my bro here probably feels the same way...

My information is not off, I have played a pally way longer then you have. I also am a min/maxer-elitist-jerk when it really comes to down to progression raiding.

Pallys excel at healing and tanking; the two spots most needed in a group/raid. Putting them in a over crowded melee DPS spot where they rarely come close to a Rogue, Warrior, Shaman, and Druid would be a waste of a slot and hold back 24 other people. Besides the fact that melee dps is hurting as is, due to the way Blizz set up raid encounters.

Luckily you are in a friendly guild where the lowest DPS class in the game are given a chance. But in just about every other situation outside of Red you have to deal with the jerks who want you to do what you excel at: healing and tanking (tanking only since BC).

Sorry but Ret-pallys don't deliver.

Last edited:
lol you make me want to stop playing lol like it a waste of time!!! =(

well im off to sllep now to cry over what to do!!!! =( lol

hehe... Don't get too discouraged gohom, people <3 pally healers! Don't feel to bad, treehouse is a crappy tank.

the problem with Ret pallies is when they do get enough gear to do as much damage as everyone else they have to hold back to stay under threat:(

There are 3 main problems with Ret Pally's:

Threat
Mana
Chance Based Damage

However, if you are better than an average player, you can fix these things...it is hard, but you can do it and be good...

I wouldn't say Ret is on par with other DPS classes. I do fairly well in raids because I focus and squeeze every drop of DPS out of what I'm given. If you look at DPS calculators paladins put out the least DPS by 300 or so DPS by themselves. With Windfury and other buffs we can bump that up a bit but you can't really compete with classes that only do dmg. We do offer things to a raid like 3% crit for everyone and blessings but all pallys have blessings. 2% dmg for your party is nothing when compaired to a shammys 500 attack power/windfury/heroism buffs.

Blizz has stated however that they know Ret is not where they want it to be and it will be getting buffed in WotLK. Ret has never been a great spec but it's better now than ever before. Most guilds take along 1 Ret pally to their raids but any more is pointless.

Crossing my fingers for great buffs that do more then just match the buffs the other classes are getting.

Back