what does your computer area look like

michaelpi

well im in the look out for a "bigger" computer desk its hard to fit 3 computers and 2 laptops on a desk thats only made for one...and with 4 monters. so what does evey ones computer area look like

Actually I just bought a new computer desk last week. It is a huge desk, for the size of my room, and once I buy an LCD (in the next month or so, after I sell my laptop) it will seem even bigger. I will post pictures once I've finished moving back into my room.

I'd say you need a U-Shaped Desk. My brother has very few things in his room (At one point he even removed the bed and just left the box spring and mattress for more room), but one thing he does have is an office-style U-shaped Desk. It give lots of desktop space and space below for the towers.

We all need to clean up, lol.

I got some much junk, most of the papers were from couple years ago. :D

I need a big table though...

Using a small table, about the width of a keyboard and the length of 3 keyboards. My monitor is at the far right extreme corner, my keyboard and mouse is in the center and my PC is 1/2 foot away from me, very cramped space. Got my full rack of old CD games and some movies: Diablo 2, Half-Life, Mech Commander, U-571 on Dvix, etc. Beside my rack of CDs is a wooden shelf full of Funk & Wagnalls New Encyclopedias and below them are boxes of every game, hardware and software I've kept the past years.

And 4 feet away from all that is my bed, heh.

ok well lets see, my computer area - an old fashioned desk, hand made by my husbands father....a lego house on the top shelf, little star wars micro machine people, a praying bear beanie baby, an old fashioned school bell, a couple frogs, a pink rose scented yankee candle...on the actual desk part, my new Quest Bible, a Reading Fluency folder for the little boy i tutor, a zen garden, handmade little pots that my brother and sisters have made for me, some lotion, some sprinkles for with my ice cream, some books....and oh yeah a headset, keyboard, mouse, monitor (nice decorated with painter pens - with my name and flowers and pictures of me and babo).....then there are all the drawers!!!!

Stop being spoiled and use a wooden chair, I can labor at the computer 14 hours a day in a wooden chair(without any padding).

Possibly off topic, but what do you need so many computer for? Granted, I have 2 laptops and a tower, but I don't use them all at the same time. My computer desk is a small antique writing desk from my grandmother with just a Monitor and speakers.

Gen

and stays clean 95% of the time :D

lol ok well my dell xps is my main one i use it for eveything almost.
my new computer i got is just for gaming i will only install games and xfire.
my outher is my server and im setting up some game servers with that (also my samba server)
the 4th one is going to be a firewall (ipcop or smoothwall) and the laptops i got free from hp

Might as well use a dining room table with all those items.
Build one is my advice and one that meets your needs.
I hate those store bot desks they make no sense to me.
Your monitor is sitting on a pedistle and eventually you need a neck brace for watching a movie at a drive in , Your constantly looking up.
A monitor needs to be at eye level.
Also I don't like the idea of some pull out part to put your keyboard on and most ones like that leave no room for you to put a mouse on as well.
So you end up putting the mouse up and away from the distance of your keyboard and thats just not right nor does it feel right.

Build your own to fit the way you want to have it set up.

Last edited:
I actually recommend for your desk to be at lap level, it is a pain to find one that fits that, but having the monitor lower and you hands resting slightly above your lap is veeery comfortable.

Also a good footrest (subwoofers work great) and chair is great

Back