Weird pattern

vibrokatana

I wrote a fibinacci generator earlier because I was too lazy to look for a decent list on google. Anyway I discovered a rather interesting pattern...

fib.png

It is rather interesting as the first character (going to two characters when it goes over) in each cell goes up going down the column. Considering they are generated from left to right, with the line wrapping around it is pretty bazar.

Fibinacci numbers is a number sequence where you start with 0 then 1 and then the next number is the sum of the previous two number (0 + 1) which would be 1 and so on.

0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55.....etc

In the pattern vib has presented the number is, as you go down the pyramid, the first number appears to be increasing with each addition line. In the last pyramid you have 8,8,9,10,12,13,16

wouldn't go so far as to call it a pattern...there's no order to it other than "it goes up"; nothing is ordered about the way it increments in each column or anything along those lines...it's simply an artifact of the way you chose to render it.

add a comma between elements and minimal spacing...no pattern (other than it following the sequence) ;)

wouldn't go so far as to call it a pattern...there's no order to it other than "it goes up"; nothing is ordered about the way it increments in each column or anything along those lines...it's simply an artifact of the way you chose to render it.

add a comma between elements and minimal spacing...no pattern (other than it following the sequence) ;)

Maybe, but for each fragment, the same length below it is equal to or greater, which is pretty interesting.

For instance 13 < (14)4, then 144 < (159)7, assuming you truncate the remaining digits. It is repeated throughout the structure with the only exceptions being when it rolls over 9 into 10, but then it has 2 digits more from the previous sequence instead of 1.

Either way you look at it, it is pretty cool. And no it is not based on the formatting, all it is doing is rendering left to right with cells containing 20 spaces. It just so happens to wrap that way because my console is 100 units wide.

It is also wierd how the first digit (or fist two after you reach 9) in each of the "pyramids" are in order.

1st: 111111222
2nd: 222223334
3rd: 333445567

Etc...

The last one borks it though.

Back