Weekly ZG runs?

Wend

The Forgiven Guild Leader
Well, it looks as if we may finally have enough of our own 60's to start trying ZG. I think Randy as Herekitykity has put it up on GEM..sign up and we'll see if there is enough interest in running it. This should be an excellent opportunity for some to have their first glimpse into ZG as well as some of the veteran raiders to help out with their finely honed skills :)

Yup, we have outgrown ubrs by sheer numbers. I think the goal of the run will be to get to the easiest boss - High Priest Venoxis (Snake boss). This will provide enough challenges until we can get 18+ people in attendance.

I would like to go as well. Are we planning on starting it this Friday or was this just a suggestion?

Is ZG one of the instances that saves your progress? Meaning, like in MC, I've heard that when you leave the instance, you are saved to that instance. Is ZG the same way? If not, can someone explain to me in a little better detail what all is involved in the "saved instance" that I've heard about.

The quick version is, if you are part of a run which downs a boss (which we will attempt to do), the character you are playing is saved to that instance so that you are unable to join a different group (say the SGA) for a different run on ZG up to the day of that instance being reset which is done weekly but I do not know the day specifically.

When we go into ZG, it will lock us into that instance (some instances lock as soon as you enter...some lock as soon as you kill a boss; i don't know which ZG is for sure)...meaning we can't go into someone else's instance until the server resets all of them once we're locked in.

For this week in particular, the server resets Friday morning, meaning the next time you'll be able to join another group's ZG is Monday morning.

Woot!! Can't wait until Friday. :) Gonna be a blast ... and who know, we may get further than planned.

Can anyone link or share good tips in prep for ZG? I would like to have some strategy already percolating in the old noodle before going in.

ZG lock == kill a boss.

ZG resets every three days.

I think we could get rather far provided we remember to de-poison, and to run away from dying bats and dead witch doctors.

My thought would be that we atleast make the first couple of ZG runs farming runs. Get people use to the enviroment.

Basically see how the group meshes together. This is different then uBRS. At last count we have only 13 people signed up.

Oh yeah, my expectations are set low. If we can clear to the first easy boss and be able to wave at her, we will be doing great.

I am unable to make Friday's run, but am assuming (hoping?) that we will do ZG on Monday as well (as its May 1)? What do you think?

Since Monday is May 1, are we going to be doing a ZG run on Monday as well? I will be happy to enter it into GEM, or have someone else do it if needed. Unfortunately, I think Friday is out for me, but look forward to our guild runs in May!

The way it works, if you enter an instance that is already saved for some people, then you become saved the moment you enter it. So let's say we kill 1 boss on Monday and I'm not there. Everyone who was there would be saved. If we got another run together on Tuesday and I did join in, the moment I enter the instance I'm saved to the same version of the instance the other party members are saved to. This is how you can immediately be "locked into" an instance. To be saved, all instances from BWL to Onyxia to AQ20 require that one boss has been downed.

Here is the current thinking, we'll do ZG on Friday (assuming we have at least 15 with good party makeup). We will plan a ZG for Monday with the same assumptions, if we can not get 15, we'll plan uBRS, otherwise we can plan a 5 man, I nominate DM North - Tribute run :)

I haven't logged in to check yet today, but last I looked, we had 13 L60s for ZG this Friday. If Reason is coming, that'll be 14. We have a fairly good group makeup right now, just a little thin in overall.

I'm assuming that if we have to scale back to uBRS, we'll have an additional 3 or 4 people that will be interested in coming along. Not quite enough for 2 full uBRS runs, but perhaps an uBRS run plus DM:N-Trib?

It seems that the number of available healers will dictate our options, as usual.

I'm at Crumpled Note for BRD. Also have 45 min Baron run to do. Could also pair Baron run with going to DM since I believe you have to get things off the ogres for the Dungeon 2 quest line after completing the Baron run.

Up for whatever ... just there for the fun :)

If the crumpled note drops in BRD, I too am at that point. I also would like to make a Baron run. I too am up for anything (except for things like MC where I don't have the gear yet).

Back