Avesther

What does the bible say about:

• Wealth
  • Gaining Wealth
  • Wealth Transfer
  • Debt versus savings
  • Corporate greed
  • Employee sloth
This is an interesting topic for me and I'm wondering if there are anybody more knowledgable about the bible then I who have any thoughts on this matter.

I remember hearing a series by Tayo Adeyemi that was awesome on money and wealth. I cant remember it though and i doubt it will be found online... but its worth a search

Hey Aves,
One of my all time fav authors is Randy Alcorn. He has a ministry called EPM (Eternal Perspectives Ministries) In addition to being an author he is a lead pastor at a church in Oregon and teaches at a bible school. He has numerous excellent books on the topic of money, wealth, and possessions. Here is a link to countless articles on the topics you listed. I could also tell which of the books are fantastic (in my opinion) in this area as well if you are interested.

http://epm.org/artman2/publish/money_and_possessions/index.shtml

on the right hand side you will see tons of links to more articles on this topic as well as a good Q&A link. TONS of good stuff here.

Randy's specialty and his most often taught subjects are Money, Possessions and Eternity

Last edited:
Excellent, I'll have to read up on those resources. Being in business for myself, in the financial world no less, I see a funny trend in wealth distribution that most people wouldn't normally accept or believe in the Christian community. So I am looking to see if others have seen it to. And I'm not just talking about money or success, wealth is all that and more.

oh you mean the rampant REDISTRIBUTION of wealth that is more rampant today than back in the days of the jewish tax collectors?..

A couple verses come to mind in the Gospels:

Luke 16:13:
"No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be devoted to one and despise the other You cannot serve God and wealth."

and

Matthew 6:24:
"No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other You cannot serve God and wealth."

The problem here, as I have heard it put once, is that both God and wealth promise similar things. Happiness, provision, fulfillment, even salvation in a way. You either rely on one or the other, you cannot serve both.

1 Timothy 6:10 also points out that, "...the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs."

The important thing to remember is that while money its self is not evil, the love of it and pursuit of it leads to all sorts of evils.

Back