Warning: Mildly Gross image of damage done..

phasetim

GFC#5 Deadly Waffle
I was working on a golf car battery, and for those of you who don't know. Those batts are high amps... I not intentionally connected a circuit through my wedding ring... I was suddenly reminded about the high conductive nature of gold. (it became a superheated resistor)... the result, a wedding ring broken, and a little burn on my hand... Though someone might get a kick out of it..

Ouchies, I'll pray for swift healing. ^_^*) My dad had something similar happen, but his wedding ring actually stopped an engine part from taking off his finger. Had to replace it too. :(

Same thing happened to my Dad years ago when he was an electrical engineer... Well, not with a golf cart, with a full circuit, but yeah... He feels your pain Tim. Glad its only a slight burn and didn't short out your nervous system.

between the possibility of getting it crushed and getting it electrocuted... I also tend to make people upset... people that would follow me home if they knew I had a family.

I never wear my wedding band at work (but I still carry it with me). There's just too many reasons not to wear it there. I still wear it everywhere else.

between the possibility of getting it crushed and getting it electrocuted... I also tend to make people upset... people that would follow me home if they knew I had a family.

I never wear my wedding band at work (but I still carry it with me). There's just too many reasons not to wear it there. I still wear it everywhere else.

What do you do?

I'm a paramedic in the hood. They treat 9-1-1 like a taxi service, and I give them lip. Lots of gangs around, too :/

Back