Warning: Do NOT Use MLS Realty

Here's why:

After purchasing an investment property in March, I fixed it up and put it on the market for a reasonable price in July with MLS. Five months went by, and I could no longer afford payments, so I informed my realtor that I would be doing a "deed in lieu", which would allow me to give the house back to the bank without it affecting my credit.

Fast forward two months. A lien appeared on the property which has prevented me from giving the house back, from MLS. It was a lien for the cancellation fee on the contract. They refused to waive the fee despite the fact that in six months, they had neither marketed nor even shown the house. They filed this lien on the day I called my realtor in November to stop showing the house. (Little did I know she hadn't shown it once!)

Because they had my neck on the chopping block and would not budge, I paid them the fee (and the only reason I was able to do this was because my mother felt led to send us a check for the exact amount of the fee. Praise God!) Principle aside, my 730+ credit score is worth more than what they charged, and they knew it.

So, today, over a month after I paid the fee and received a copy of the lien resolution, I called because the lien was still on the property. They had never filed the lien resolution, and I now run the danger that the bank may foreclose anyway.

So, in short, do not even consider using MLS Realty. Thank you.

And, please pray that I can get this resolved and save my credit.

Couldn't you take this to court? If someone would cheat me like that, I'd definitely fight back.

On a lighter note, that's a nice hobby you have there. I'd like to get involved in the future doing a fix 'n sell.

we love u man, how much is the house going for?

Back