War Thunder

CowRocket

I've been playing War Thunder for a few weeks now... Starting a new thread to discuss so another thread doesn't get hijacked. Currently in open beta and I have a really good time playing. It has WW2 planes and will have tanks and boats soon(tm).

[video=youtube;6CTnSM4ebP0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CTnSM4ebP0[/video]

Always a sucker for a decent flight sim. My initial impression after an hour or so of playtime in the arcade mode is fairly positive. I'm seriously feeling the absence of my joystick that was trashed so many years ago. Mouse control works rather decently, and since most are on that control scheme I expect matches are pretty even. But I want to be able to make the maneuvers I know the plane should be capable of.

The interface out of flight mode is a bit confusing. It took me a while to realize that I could upgrade my flight crews, and purchasing planes (via experience) was not entirely straightforward. Perhaps I'm just getting old.

It is marginally complex, just like WoT. I have a friend who is a RL pilot, he uses sticks and pedals and absolutely owns most people in a dog fight. The matchmaking at low levels seems good so far, I haven't had the time to level up much to have an opinion on higher levels. Also, if you play Historic or Real battles the play style is a lot less carefree.

Back