Vision needed

Atown

Christian Gamers Alliance Amazon Store Manager
Staff member
Hey all,

So I love my job, i love my co-workers, I get bored easily with the work but I'm always busy. I do IT and international marketing. Our IT director for the department notified me a couple days ago that since I'm in a different building and he isnt able to micromanage me like his supervisors wanted, they wanted to fire me 8mo ago... my IT director was just stripped of all responsibilities and given to someone else in the department and we are 2 months out from our fiscal year so he will be let go assume-ably just like about 15 other people in the last 2 years that were let go in the same way. All signs are there that I will be replaced since there are 3 different people that can cover my position that were hired 8mo ago....

We technically have a hiring freeze but there are some jobs around the campus but most are in extremely high stress environments and I dont know if I would be making more than I currently am, of which I am working two part time jobs on top of my full time position.

I'm pretty stretched currently and not sure where or what God wants me to do. I dont mind being un-employed for a couple months simply to get a lot of stuff in order, learn php and asp.net etc, but we dont have hardly any money in savings, ive been trying to get rid of student debt. I also am slowly building a landscaping business but I dont make a whole lot at that since I am mostly a middle man for college students to do the work and I oversee them to make sure its what the client wants. There are local opportunities but nothing with health insurance. besides, as a kid and college student, I never wanted to do landscaping simply because I grew up doing it and recently found out I am severely allergic to grass (go figure).

So all in all, please pray for me and my wife to be able to hold on to God and have vision for where to go next

I would like continued prayer, I'm considering going to part time to keep insurance or depending on how well i can do, leaving my job completely to do landscaping (random but God has opened doors) and every specific prayer about it has been answered, e.g. equipment, solid people i can trust to work with, etc.

I also figure If i drop myself to part-time, its actually more difficult to get cut from my current job, weird i know but thats how stuff works sometimes.

thanks all for praying. I really appreciate it.

still trying to figure out what to do and whatnot. I've gained 2 new lawn maintenance clients but the business process has been discouraging. apparently if I move a bush or put a shovel in the ground i need to register with the state and get a specialized contractors license + extra insurance + surety bond.... so I'm not quite sure how to move forward in either my work place or lawn stuff.

God will provide and its weird, I get waves of peace and waves of discouragement. Might have to sell my house potentially too.... we'll see.

Yeah, the government has its hands in everyone's pockets nowadays. Keep on keeping on and seek first the kingdom of God.

God will provide and its weird, I get waves of peace and waves of discouragement. Might have to sell my house potentially too.... we'll see.
I feel silly saying this since I'm not very good at doing it myself, but here goes: Use the times of peace to thank God and record what He's done for you. Use the times of discouragement to draw even closer to Him and re-read what you wrote during the times of peace.

Ultimately, our lives are in His hands. It's at once a wonderfully encouraging and a very unsettling thought (since it's in our nature to cling to the illusion of control over our circumstances).

More than anything, keep your priorities in line with Scripture. Be sure to take time with your wife and stay or get involved with a local church. I could quote Matthew 6:33 right now, but it almost seems a little cheesy (and I know you've got a good head on your shoulders and probably come back to that verse or similar verses when life gets hectic). :)

And I'll be praying for you, your wife, and your business!

Thanks tek.

During the school year i do about 20+ hours volunteer time at church and currently leading a college bible study group for the summer. We are pretty involved and reasonably close to our pastors. Church is usually the one thing we have to step back from or not volunteer for everything >_< .

Stuff is looking up here n there though. I applied for a helpdesk position on campus that is the exact same job but nearly a 30% pay increase which would be fantastic. The business is going well and I'm fully certified, bonded, and insured but still wondering how I pay myself from my jobs and file taxes but I'm sure that will figure itself out. Getting steady amount of clients and work but people mostly wanting big clean ups but not really routine maintenance (which is the bread and butter of landscaping), so we'll see.

Its been a busy few weeks and trying to move forward.

Awesome!

So apparently I need to work on my business plan ideas. I'll be walking away from the landscaping business having made only a few hundred dollars after the end of taxes and everything else. Apparently Washington state is pretty proud of itself of not having income tax, but we have a business and occupation tax, which taxes all gross revenue. That and federal business tax. Sooooo............ yeah........

Did get the other helpdesk job on campus either, they wanted a programmer but didt really state that was what was needed.

Sooo......... I'm pushing ahead and trying to fix up my house to sell, and praying for a job at M$ that I applied for. I have a lot of connections in M$ and one of them is going to try to fast track my resume for a technical writing position. So please pray for me moving forward

Last edited:
Back