Vanquishing Advice

Abba San

Legacy of Elijah [LoE] - Proud Grandfather
I'm looking for advice on a big time vanquishing I am planning. I'm going to make the Lornar's Pass - Dreadnought's Drift - Snake Dance run. I'm planning to do it in two stages - one from the north (Lornar's/Dreadnought) - and another from the south (Snake Dance).

Anyone who has advice about pitfalls - henchies - consumables - anything at all - HELP! I'm taking my Elementalist with a Spiritway hero team.

I'm hoping to go out during the holidays. Anyone who wants to go along is welcome as well.

I'll come along if I'm available, but I think our play times don't usually mesh well.

I'd STRONGLY recommend doing all 3 at once starting from Camp Rankor. Doing Lornars from Beacons is just asking for failure. The main drawback is a 6 man party limit.

I did mine in one go, but took my time. I did it on a day when I had lots of free time and I took several breaks during the vanquishing.

Don't underestimate Dreadnought's either. It's small, but it's got a lot of enemies packed into that area. It will wipe most unprepared teams.

Cons will help, but I've never been a big fan of consumables. They're great for the tougher Elite areas, but I don't think they are needed for routine Vanquishes. The only exception would be party wide DP removal. Be sure to bring Powerstones or something else that can remove DP from your heroes.

I'll have a couple of Powerstones with me - for sure.

I didn't think about the team size - that can make the difference - thanks.

When I've got the time and can go I'll PM you to see if you are available. What is your time zone - I'm Pacific.

Thanks, Preacher. That was fun.

I used to use my Sabway team. I mostly use my Spiritway group now. They are who I will take out with me on the Pass run.

I'm wondering who amongst us has vanquished the three areas - and if there are certain tough spots to look out for - or a merchant tucked away somewhere - or a quest to be sure to make active or to be sure to NOT have active. Anything that will help me make it through.

Thanks again. I think I'll look for more of those videos - that was well done.

there are no quests that affect those areas. I think the toughest part was this mega group of Stone Summit dwarves in the Southern half of Lornar's.

No merchants that I recall....bring a merchant summoning stone or 2.

Good idea - I'll shop around and find a couple of merchant summoning stones.

That would be very helpful. I'll start being better about the Traveler and get a couple to return any you give me.

That will be a big time vanquish - taking HOURS - probably with some breaks in there as well. I don't know yet when I will have the time - but I am collecting Power Stones and Merchant Stones so I will be ready.

Lornar's Pass with 6 people wasn't too bad when I did it. One hard mob (actually 2 separate mobs right on top of each other) but easily manageable if you string them out enough.

Snake Dance is fairly straight forward albeit long.

The easiest way to do Dreadnought's Drift if you don't have a ton of time is to get a permasin to run you through Snake Dance and then tank for you during Dreadnought's Drift which is quite feasible.

Use a merchant summoning stone if you want to, but a few salvage kits will do the same thing for cheaper and give you stuff to sell back at the end.

Hope this helps.

Hy.

I'm hoping to go out Saturday, late afternoon and into the evening, Pacific time. Not sure if that hope will become a reality - but I am hoping.

Last call, if someone wants to go along.

Finally made it out to vanquish the Lornar - Dreadnought - Snake run - and made it. It took one Power stone - one merchant summons - and about four hours.

And it is done. Thanks for all your help.

Last edited:
Thanks - next is Cantha - and I hate all those city street fights. Just finding your way to the right level is a pain.

Actually, the City is the easiest in Cantha, at least I've found. A lot of those areas have quests that allow you to kill 1/2/100 foes instead of the ~300. Also, there's a bug where the VQ counter only registers foes that are just a little farther than your compass distance, so you can actually send your heroes out and have them kill stuff, since they don't spawn popups and stuff, and get away with fewer kills than normal. The hardest part is the Echovald forest by far. And that's mainly cause of one or two boss spawns and the length of time than anything, I didn't really have a problem with anything else. But definately check out the wiki page on whatever area you are VQing before hand and you can probably find a quest to help you out. I know T Temple if you find someone with A Meeting With the Emperor lets you get away with ~2 kills, there's a Am Fah quest chain that makes them your allies so you don't have to kill them, that helps in the area outside K City. Good luck :)

Whoa - I'd not heard any of this. I'm definitely going to have to look into it.

Actually, I have finished the forest and the sea. I only have seven city areas to vanquish.

Is it possible to pick up the quests if I did them my first time through?

No. Those quests aren't repeatable. Once one character has done them they are done. If you find someone that has them tho their quest will trigger the spawns (or lack thereof) for you.

Does anyone still have (or has not taken on) the Kaineng City quest - A Meeting with the Emperor? I need to have that quest up to vanquish Tahnnakai Temple with 2 foes rather than 129.

Back