Vancouver 2010 Olympics

Fatkid

Just curious, are you guys watching the olympics? If so, what'd u think so far? What did u think of the opening ceremonies?

Americans did very well on Weds, 3 golds. Lindsay Vonn did the job. *rawr*
http://www.nbcolympics.com/

Van is my hometown, so it's pretty crazy here. Just curious if it's big news in the States, surprised non of u guys mentioned it. *hehe*

I didn't know that was your hometown! That's pretty cool.

In my case however, I think I'd be more interested if they happened less often. The four year Olympics are fun, but every other year is a lot for Winter Olympics.

They rotate every 2 years. Winter this year. Summer 2 years from now.

and yes, i have been watching. Speed skating and snowboarding are my favorite.

That carrot top guy Shaun White (i think) won gold for snowboarding aerials, I saw a bit of it and the guy is insane. While Maelle Ricker won gold for womens snowboarding (speed race) for Canada. Woot, we so proud of her. :)

Apolo becoming the most decorated winter olypmian, Shaun White taking jumps like Yoda when he fights Count Dooku, Lindsey Vonn kicking that courses butt...It's been a very satisfying winter olympics for me so far :) Opening ceremonies were pretty, but I enjoyed the Beijing opening more.

Canada Vs USA in gold medal hockey game. Very close game and Canada barely pulls it out. The USA was the surpirse of the tournament and almost went undefeated. Woot Canada Woot! :)

One of the best olympics evar! Americans win gold in Bobsled! Silver in Hockey! Gold in Nordic Combined! These are things that we never win! Good stuff, and I was on my seat for all of the hockey finals! I had to remind myself to breathe!

We win Hockey... Until this year we were the only country to win gold when that country hosts the Olympics.

I think the USA and Canada should play every year... That was the greatest hockey game EVER!

Yar, that was a great game. USA and Canada are developing a nice rivalry. Fortunately, Team Canada has come out on top twice, Salt Lake 2002 and now Van 2010. Historically, Canada has had some epic battles against Russia/USSR too: Summit Series (1972?) and Canada Cup (1987?). Russians have some elite scoring forwards, but seems to have trouble developing blue-chip defencemen.

This is one thing hockey has over the major team sports in the U.S.A. In an international tournament, Americans would smoke everyone in basketball, football and baseball; however, in hockey, there's always 4-5 Countries/teams that have a chance in winning: Canada, USA, Russia, Sweeden, Slovakia, Czecklovakia and Finland. It is more of a world game.

Last edited:
Back