UT2K4 Cache + conflicts

James

Here's a rather annoying snafu I have discovered recently, hopefully someone can help me.

I recently cleaned my UT2004 Cache folder because it was getting quite large and filled with stuff I will never need.

Now I want to view some demos that I recorded earlier, but I can't because of some missing packages that were in my cache.

I find it amusing that the demo viewer states "If you are connected to the internet, the required packages will be downloaded automatically". Yet this has never worked for me. So is there any way to obtain the packages without hunting for each one individually? Has anyone gotten the auto-download in the demo viewer to work?

Second question: It seems SafeGame is becoming quite paranoid. During the last week it has kicked me for the following:

• FOV 130
  • UTComp15a
  • OnslaughtFull

Also it stops my shield alias from working. Has anyone encountered these problems? Some of my usual hangout servers are running SafeGame and this has never happened before.

Safe Game is awful. AntiTCC is much better and has fewer false positives by a large degree. Anyway, if you need old versions of UTComp to watch demos, you can grab them all here. Not sure about the others.

I've tried to get the demo downloads to work but it doesn't, plain and simple. You'll have to download whatever it's asking for, with each demo.

There is a cache program that makes fully downloaded maps (and maybe other things) that are in the cache folder and makes them permanent.

I get some files from here- http://vec.be/plug.php?p=downloads

Back