Useful PvE items ... Wooden Potato's utility belt

Nice. Only watched a little of it, but I'll have to watch the rest. Thanks for sharing. :D

Guess I should have put more info :D

There are certain consumable items that go a long way to give you the edge in PvE. In this video, Wooden Potato goes over some of them. All of these are not allowed in sPvP or WvW.

• 10s stealth kit (no movement). Can probably use this for harvesting and getting skill points from under the noses of Champions like the Risen King. Thieves don't really need this as shadow refuge is superior in every way imaginable. For running a build that doesn't use stealth (why?!) I suppose this could be useful.
  • Ember pet that lasts until death. Does not scale down, but does not cross zone lines. In other words, summon it in the highest level part of the zone and then walk to the area you are xp'ing in. Does not die in water, has AI issues at times.
  • Random animal pet that can be res'd for 5 minutes, but then can not be res'd. Summon this one AFTER the ember, skirts the pet code and may be considered an exploit. You have been warned. I suggest to only use one consumable pet.
  • Seed turret in 3 flavors, but the healing one is most useful in bulk (everyone puts one down in your group).
  • Regen tree that causes AoE regen and creates a water field. FYI water fields can be used for AoE healing with blast finishers. Thief shortbows can PBoE 3 blasts per cluster bomb inside this field for a big heal.
  • Teleportation/Portal Gun which teleports you a random distance ahead and creates portals at both points.

Last edited:
Can probably use this for harvesting and getting skill points from under the noses of Champions like the Risen King. Thieves don't really need this as shadow refuge is superior in every way imaginable.
:O

brb, making a thief.

Are you talking about the teleportation gun for sale in Timberline falls. So far I have not found a real use for this because the distance is random. I still have one I will try to use on part of a vista in Spark Fly Fen.

Edit - Ooops just watched all the way through, yes Timberline, but the random factor is still a problem.

Last edited:
Yeah, the teleport gun and spy kit are sort of like giving classes that can't do those things the option to be able to. I like that they don't give those things the full power of the skill, but add some randomness. To be honest, I wish that the spy kit was also stealth for 3-10 seconds, but there is no cooldown anyways so it doesn't matter.

Back