Urgent: Upcoming downtime

G

Please take a moment to read this urgent announcement.

The Christian Gamers Alliance will be experiencing downtime as we transfer our site and forums to a new web host. Our new site will be based on PHP-Nuke 6.5 but the current site design will be archived should we decide to resurrect it at a later date.

While the format of the site will be entirely different, our forums will stay exactly the same. After much experimentation and consideration, it has been decided that we will not be integrating the forums with the main site. While this will require community members to keep two separate logins, it is worlds easier for site maintenance and will eliminate the learning curve of new forums and drastically reduce downtime.

There are several awesome projects in store for the Christian Gamers Alliance community that will start with our new web site and I look forward to sharing in them with all of you.

will the forums be down while the site is down?

/me wonders what he'll do while he's supposed to be working without forums..

The forums are now back up and at their new host. Please note that the current URL is temporary as we await the transition from our former host's DNS servers to our new host's. So get ready to update your bookmarks again this week. ^_^;; Heh, sorry about that.

Please also note that, since I had to delete my former accounts (somehow I had three!), all my former posts will be marked as posted by "Guest." Which really stinks, but, meh, I can live with it. I adjusted my post count accordingly. *G*

So, everything's back to normal! I'll post a notice on the front page of the CGA web site once we have the domain pointing to this new web host. It won't be necessary to update your bookmarks at that time, as this URL will pull the site up while we reside on this host, but cgalliance.net just looks so much spiffier. -_-

Ooooh. Nice. The forum's newest member is Tek7.
biggrin.gif

Downtime is over!

The domain name now points to our new web space, which means that our new web site and relocated forums can be accessed via the cgalliance.net domain. w00t!

So, celebrate! Git to posting! Rejoice!

*heads off to eat a much-delayed lunch*

Glad it's back up
smile.gif

However, I get this on the main nuke page:
Warning: Failed opening 'language/lang-en.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/cgalliance/www/mainfile.php on line 162

And no topics are appearing there.

If you would like assistance finding the problem, let me know!

BlazeQ

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BlazeQ @ May 02 2003,4:06)]However, I get this on the main nuke page:
Warning: Failed opening 'language/lang-en.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/cgalliance/www/mainfile.php on line 162
Select English as your language in the lower left-hand corner. That'll fix everything.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Select English as your language in the lower left-hand corner. That'll fix everything.
I was just about to tell you in the email I'm sending you about that fix...  
biggrin.gif

Is there anyway to have it select English by default so as not to confuse first time visitors?

Back