Ultimate! NY LAN Party - July 6-8, 2012

Odale

Icthus has offered to host a LAN party at his new church in Armonk, NY.

Essential information!

What: A LAN party organized by CGA's very own Icthus, Melinarlia, and Odale.

Where: Hillside Church.
448 Bedford Road
Armonk, NY 10504
Google Map

When: July 6-8, 2012.

Who: Attendance is open to all ToJers/CGAers.

How: Sign up here in this thread!

Entry fee: TBA - There will be a small fee for using Icthus' church and for the possibility to eat Icthus' legendary Texas food things and Meli's infamous food things (I, Odale, won't cook... I promise). It will be amazing, I promise!

Why should you come??? - NYC, gaming trailer with 8 billion Xbox 360s in it, Icthus/Meli food.

What to bring:
  • PC/Laptop
  • Monitor
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Power strip or surge protector
  • Headphones
  • Microphone
  • Network cable
  • Hub/Router/Switch (if you have one)

Also Bring:
  • Game CD/DVDs
  • Money - These things cost money too, you know
  • Change of clothes
  • Hygiene utensils
  • Sleeping bag and things
  • GAMES! - Board games, card games, consoles and console games

What not to bring:
  • Speakers
  • Printer
  • Guns or knives
  • Rabid Dogs.
  • Some things go without say... (Drugs, Alcohol, Explosives, Incendiary devices, Swords, Daggers, Poisons, Industrial Strength Magnets Large Magnets, Excessively Powerful Magnets, Electromagnets, Nuclear reactor cores, etc..)

**All of that was blatantly copied from the CoR LAN bring/do not bring list...**

This is an invite to all who want to come and enjoy gaming with other CGA/ToJers IN PERSON (wow). Come if you can!

Icthus is going, Meli is going (a real-live girl who plays internet games... No, they do exist!), and I am going. Join the fun!

Attending:
  • Icthus
  • Melinarlia
  • Odale
  • Azami
  • Puddleyc
  • Blubarry
  • Mordos (possible)

Last edited:
... is happening in New York this summer around early July.

We need to gauge how many people would attend. Please post here regarding your intentions of attending.
New York is a big state. You might want to be more specific. :)

New York is a big state. You might want to be more specific. :)

Like many people, Odale confused NY state with NY City.

The LAN party is looking at a location in Westchester County just north of NYC.

All forms of transportation are readily available.

I will be there as well! More details will be coming once we get an estimate of interest, but I hear there may be some good food for those interested. ;)

Come on party people!

Get dates and I'll see about going there for work and staying over on the weekend.

I threw in my 2 cents about doing it July 6-8 since some people might be able to float the July 4th holiday if they get that Wednesday off, like me. But I'd be different since I'd probably go up a few days early to help set things up.

So. Far. Away. :(

Won't be there. Not this time. Looking at moving late summer, so I'll be too occupied (and poor) to attend.

Hope it's awesome, though! :D

So. Far. Away. :(
o7 ~Doesn't anybody stay in one place any more~ o7

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Once dates are locked down for the NY LAN, I'll be spamming the event information along the intertubes.

EDIT: For now, I'll leave the spammage to Odale. :p

o7 ~Doesn't anybody stay in one place any more~ o7
I know, right?! hahaha

Woulda stayed in Florida couple years ago... but moved a couple times since due to... reasons. Once I get back there, I dunno that I seem myself making any more long distance moves. I like it there too much. d_(^_^)

Last edited:

Entry fee - TBA - There will be a small fee for using Icthus' church and for the possibility to eat Icthus' legendary Texas food things. It will be amazing, I promise!

You forgot about my cooking!!

Icthus is going, Meli is going (a real-live girl who plays internet games... No, they do exist!), and I am going. Join the fun!

It's true. Now if I could only hope for other girls to attend, too.... >.>

Also, I will be bringing my XBox360 and Nintendo Wii. I believe Icthus has another Wii (which he may or may not let us use =P) so feel free to bring any games for those consoles. I only have 2 controllers for each console so if you don't want to bring your console, but are willing to let us use your controllers, that would be much appreciated. I have the Kinect as well and I just find it entertaining to make others play my dance games (Just Dance 2 & 3 for the Wii and Dance Central 1 & 2 for the Kinect). Don't worry, I will get you to dance to at least one song, once that weekend. :D

Stop laughing....I'm not joking!

You forgot about my cooking!!

It's true. Now if I could only hope for other girls to attend, too.... >.>

Also, I will be bringing my XBox360 and Nintendo Wii. I believe Icthus has another Wii (which he may or may not let us use =P) so feel free to bring any games for those consoles. I only have 2 controllers for each console so if you don't want to bring your console, but are willing to let us use your controllers, that would be much appreciated. I have the Kinect as well and I just find it entertaining to make others play my dance games (Just Dance 2 & 3 for the Wii and Dance Central 1 & 2 for the Kinect). Don't worry, I will get you to dance to at least one song, once that weekend. :D

Stop laughing....I'm not joking!

I have access to an xbox trailer. They have I think 4 connected xbox systems all in one trailer. I am pretty sure we can get that brought over for a very low sum if we want.

I have a wii for use. I have a wireless network for use. We will have use of the entire church as needed.

There is some conversation about a field trip to New York City. It is about 40 minutes away.

Melinarlia is that one char of yours named after a Xanth book?

No? I actually hit the "Random Name Generator" when I first started playing and I liked it. Then I threw the whole "Meli"+some sort of ending naming thing out the window when I made my priest, Heavencent.

We can certainly pick you up! :D

Since when did I give you car inviting privileges? :p (Even if my answer is "Yes" to my brother just so I can stop in Philly for good food)

Back