Two Mites vs Venture Capital

Krissa Lox

So, there's a change going on in the tech world where resources are getting pulled from 3d internet development to AI investments, and now we're to the point of mass layoffs in pursuit of this direction so there's not much likelihood of course reversal now.

Personally I think it's a huge mistake that will have disastrous consequences much like prioritizing investments in social media over other more valuable internet services did, but rarely is anyone ever interested in my opinion on anything until after damage gets done that they need help in fixing.

So I am going to continue on with 3d development rather than moving on to this newer, flashier AI world, even if I am completely alone and of little account in doing so, because I remain strongly convicted that it's the right and necessary thing to do even if people in fancy suits disagree.

Which I know is probably not something anyone can offer specific advice about here. But I thought maybe this bit of context might help some of my other grumblings as of late make more sense.

I think I am, for the most part, the same as I have always been, but recent changes in my economic ecosystem are putting me in contact with different kinds of people and situations than I'm used to, which gets a bit intimidating and draining sometimes.

But the one constancy I feel is that 3d web development for God-honoring purposes is still the best place for me to be casting my two mites into to serve God and genuine human needs in this particular place in time, even if the rich people have decided to cast their lots elsewhere.

Back