Twin charmingwinds?

Z

zigafus

The sun was fading as the black robed figure lurked in the shadows. He stood there out of sight watching a group of brave warriors slaying evil trees know as hamadryads. one by one the trees fell to the warriors. A sight like this would make one bored after awhile, But the black robed man watched on! He was carefully watching the one know as "Seld Charminwind", sorcerror and bretheren to the Knights of the Trinity!
Inching his way closer down the path, yet still remaining out of sight he watched as seld cast powerful spells dispeling evil with almost a poetic dance as he cast! Then between the fights it seemed odd! He looked as he was having more fun dancing and flirting with the lady warriors than he was having fighting the foul beasts that were attacking them!
Climbing up a hillside the man in black found a boulder he sat on, still out of sight with a good vantage point to remain watch. He sat there and started to day dream! Memories of the day he could last remember his real family filled his head! The day the Evil know as Morgana arose and took his home city of avalon captive and led armys of Drakorians in to inhabit the city. That day 2 brothers fled for thier lives along with thousand of other city folk. Not knowing what fate there parents met as the got trapped behind the 2 brothers got seperated. Before this time, the 2 brothers had vowed that if anything had ever happened they would find a way to be together!
Awaking from his day dream the man in black watched seld some more! Wondering to himself if his long search to find his twin brother had finally come to an end. He pulled out his journal and made some notes. The resemblance of this seld to his own appearance was very striking he thought!
As night began to fall, the man took a last look and cast a spell and he was gone!

Walking up to a man in Cotswald, The man in black greeted him.
"Greetins Sir", he said
The wizard turned with a smile on his bright face!
"Hello Lad" "how may i help you this day", Replied the wizard know as Malohaut of the Knights of the Trinity.
"I wish to know more of your Guild and certains members you have in your fellowship!", said the man in black.
Excite and somewhat curious Malohaut asked, "well then, what is your name Friend?"
"Zyggi" replied the man in black, followed by a pause.
"As for my lastname sir, I hope you and your order can help me figure out!
Malohaut smiled and motioned for the man to follow him......

Philippi opened his mouth to greet the person walking up to Malo as he continued poking away at his stitching without raising his eyes. As he murmured his greetings, the familiar voice of Seld drifted over from the conversation and lifted Philippi's head to see his old friend and compatriot. Before he could say another word though, a quizzical look passed across his face... for somehow Seld looked... different. He couldn't quite put his finger on it, but it definitely wasn't Seld.

He sat perplexed as the man in black left with Malohaut

The streets of Camelot were busy as usual as Malohaut and Zyggi made their way through the crowds. Eyes always watching, Zyggi peered around at the locals, curious as to the going-ons around them: Cyssa was sitting silently in a corner, obviously something troubling on her mind, Makali was hunched over a table, mixing powders and chanting spells, Chivah marched past them in full battle gear, with a look of determination in his eyes, while Seraluna raced the other way with a roll of fabric over her shoulder. So much to see, so much activity, it could have been easily distracting, but it wasn't long before the two took steps into the oversized building, which was much less crowded.
Malohaut walked to the room's center, turned about, and stretched out his hands. "Welcome to our guild hall."
"Guild hall?" Zyggi pondered. "Isn't this just the cathedral?"
"Ah yes! This is a house of God, and we of the Trinity are the members of the body of Christ, along with every believer." Malohaut approached Zyggi with a smile. "You wanted to know about our guild and about our members. This here is the very cornerstone of our faith, our hearts, and our souls!"
Zyggi looked around and then looked back at the wizard. It was obvious that this did not answer his question, but for the moment he said nothing.
"You said you needed our help finding your past." Zyggi just nodded. "I am confident that the Lord sent you here to find your answers, and I will use my every resource to help you." Malohaut looked up and noticed his good friend Phil over by the entrance. "I tell you what. Stay here and pray a little bit. You know, talk to God and ask him your questions. Then meet me in my office up on the second floor."
Without a word, Zyggi nodded, before turning to face the altar. Malohaut headed on over to his friend. "Greetings my friend." he started to Pip, who seemed someone distracted with the stranger. "Is everything okay?" Malo asked.

"Aye friend, everything is fine this day," Pip replied to Malohaut, "that chap there, he looks awfully like Seld don't ya think?"

As Pip continued to mull over his revelation, another new face stepped into the Cathedral.  All of a sudden Pip felt a cold wet spot on his back and, startled, jumped and turned around.  He was surprised to see a large floating blob of water and shook his head.

"Sardis, show yourself, I know you're here somewhere."

Sardis stepped out from behind a pillar with a silly grin on his face, "Heya Pip, sorry 'bout the elemental, it wanted to give you a hug and I couldn't stop it in time," he said sheepishly.  The water elemental, if its display could be called emotion, appeared sincerely sorry for having drenched Philippi.

"ah, well, nothin' ye can do about it bro; he... err... it is a friendly looking chap... err... thing, eh...  how exactly do you address that...?"  "Anyways,  Malo, this is my brother Sardis, as you can see he is fond of strange pets, but other than that, he's an agreeable fellow."

"Nice t'meet ya Malo," Sardis beamed, "I hear many a good thing about you from my siblings."

Seld had traveled far, having just acquired a new season, and wished to head to camelot. He'd prefer the lethantis association, if it didn't hold too many bad memories, but since the day he was driven out of Avalon, he couldn't bear to go near it, the building itself reminding him too much of all he lost that day.

As he passed the graveyard outside Prydwen, he knew he was getting close. An hour or so away, he'd be at his destination.

Stopping to assist a young acolyte in dire trouble of death to a treacherous undead cleric, a disease known to the area and feared by many young, he soon found his way to cotswold.

He decided that red and black was getting too old, and now that he was 34, he should look it, and bought himself a bottle of black cloth dye, and dyed his robe.

Excited to be so near the church, he hurried into the gates, past the guards, and into the town square.

'Another busy day in Camelot', he thought to himself, as he made his way through the crowd, nearly getting pushed over by someone. He looked to say excuse me, but only caught the back of a very hurried Chivah.

He thought he caught a glimpse of himself in a mirror, as he pushed his way through the emcampment of busy tailors and traders, but looked again and realized there was no mirror to be seen.

Shrugging, he walked on towards the Academy to train. He didn't takew long, because God had blessed him to be a very talented student, on of his trainers favorites.

He soon finished, and headed towards the church, anxious to see if his friends were gathered today. He'd not heard word of many of them for several days, and had missed them terribly.

Upon reaching the large doors to the church, he stopped to say a quick prayer of thanks for his safe arrival, and began humming.

He was amused at the sight inside. There, standing somewhat perturbed, yet seemingly in good spirits still, was a very wet Pip. Next to him was someone he'd not met before, but seemed to be amused with the predicament his pet had left Pip.

"Hullo Pip!", Seld called across the open sanctuary, nearly being pierced by the hushing glares of the nearby friars who were trying to pray.

Pip, looking over towards Seld had a queer look on his face, as if he didn't know who Seld was.

Pip called over the crowd in a hushed whisper-shout, "Malo's office is the one on the right, I said!", and looked back down to his craft-work, absorbed in it once again.

Seld, a bit confused, continued towards Pip, but became distracted by a beautiful young cleric crossing the catherdral floor.

Quickly matching pace with the obviosly quest-bound lady, he proceeded to be himself, and lay down the charm as thick as possible, not noticing his friend Malohaut and a white-haired, black-robed man leave the cathedral in heavy discussion....

(I tried my best to flow with the storyline, i hope nothing contradicts -Seld )
biggrin.gif

Malohaut nodded and shook Sardis' hand. "Very nice to meet you." But quickly, the wizard's attention turned to the water elemental, as he approached it with overwhelming curiosity. "Amazing! A purely water based creature!" Malohaut circled the elemental examining it as the elemental examined this strange wizard.

"Okay. I must be seeing double or something." said Pip as he noticed Seld in the cathedral. Sardis looked over as Phil grabbed Seld's shoulder. "How did you change your clothes so fast?" asked the confused friar.

"What do you mean?" replied an even more confused Seld. "I've been dressed like this all day."

Phil opened his mouth to reply, but a bright flash of lightning followed by a deafing thunder seemed to catch their attention. The rain quickly followed as it poured heavily on the streets. The friends hurried inside while the elemental remained outside to soak up and savor the strengthening rain.

"What is it?" asked Sardis to the wizard, who seemed to be focused on the sky.

Malohaut just stroked his chin for a moment in a dramatic pause before turning to his friends. "This isn't a normal rainstorm." he said solomnly. "There's something amiss, but I can't quite put my finger on it."

The group was joined by another, a soaked woman who had just came in from the downpour. "Thank God I found you all." started Jazmina.

"What's wrong?" asked Seld.

"Albion is in trouble and needs our help!"

OOC: The twin charmingwinds storyline is still here, but it never hurts to add a few plot twists. Anybody can join in and carry the story however they'd like. It's part of what makes this fun an interesting. Soooo. Who's next?

Zigafus, hearing comotion outside steps out from behind his old oaken desk and takes a look outside his office into the meeting area of the church. A slight smile came upon his face when he noticed the lady jazmina dreanched with rain stepping inside the church. Not know what all the other chatter was about he glanced around the room. puzzled as he saw the lad seld on oneside of the room and then again on the other! He thought to himself what type of spell this young sorcerer had done to be able to appear at 2 places at one. Zigafus shrugged and went back to preparing for his soon upcoming journey back into the heart of the lost city of avalon!

...Running through a tremendous freak storm, Lilyan spies the church ahead. 'Ah, it's good to be home' she thinks, 'No more expiditions to far away lands for me.'

She runs through the open door. As soon as she enters she sees a gathering of familiar faces. Finally one looks up.

"Lilyan, darling!" Zigafus yells. The praying saints pause just enough to give him a look to shush him. He runs over, not caring about the puddles she is creating on the floor or her soaking clothes. He catches her in a huge embrace and her feet leave the ground as he swings her in a circle.

"Ziggy! Oh, it's so good to finally be home!" She says.

"How was your journey? It has been so long, I almost gave up hope. But in my prayers I was assured that you would return safely to me." He says.

"I know it has been a long time. I was... well, things did not go as well as I had planned. But we will discuss this later. Right now I am so happy to see you!" She cries.

Suddenly she looks up. She sees her cousin, dear Seld, and runs over to greet him.

"Welcome back, Cuz." He says. But he is preoccupied with his own thoughts.

"What's the matter? What's going on? And what is with that storm?" She asks.

Seld sighs. "This has been a long, strange day..."

OOC: Lilyan has been out of commission for some time now, but perhaps we shall see her again very soon. ;) I hope I'm still holding on to the storyline...

Lighting flashed in the sky sporatically as the wind began to pick up tremendously.  Some were running through the streets trying to get home while others where trying hard to usher their animals to safety.  Hail began to come down and Malohaut was forced to close the church doors to protect everybody from the weather.  He turned to face everybody as the other church workers closed the other doors.  "I don't know what's going on out there, but it looks like we're stuck there."

Malo turned and looked at everybody as they started to talk to each other, trying to figure out what was going on.  We had Zyggi, Philippi, Sardis, Seld, Jazmina, Zigafus, and Lilyan.

wait

Everybody turned and looked at Seld.

Everybody turned and looked at Zyggi.

Seld.

Zyggi.

Seld.

Zyggi.

The twins noticed each other and stared for a moment.  Malohaut chuckled.  "Looks like you two have some explaining to do."

Seld stared at Zyggi, and felt his mouth drop open. Suddenly, as if something was burning inside him, he got angry and looked about at his friends.

"What kind of joke is this? Who is this man, and why are you doing this to me?", he cried out.

Malohaut, stunned at the unexpected reaction, placed his hand on Seld's arm and tried to explain that they had nothig to do with it. "Seld, this is Zyggi, he's just looking for........"

With a twist of his arm and a quick spell, everyone in the room was frozen still, and what semed like a fraction of a second, they came to and Seld was gone.

The storm had worsened and they knew that something was amiss.

Jazmina, trying to keep everyone focused, reminded them all that there was trouble in Albion, and they didn't have time to worry about their comrade, yet.

"Please, friends, we must make a call to arms, for Albion. I have heard news of a raid on our lands. The Hibernians and Midguardians have all allied for the time to take our treasured relics! Somehow, I believe they have called upon some unholy power and this storm is an effect thereof!" She continued, "Our concern for Seld will have to wait. He obviously doesn't know what is going on any more than we do, and we must have touched a sore subject. We can't worry about that now. Let's go!"

Zyggi, confused, tried to remember what had just happened. He recalled a man, and an outburst... but something seemed strange about his short term memory. As a sorcerer, he knew the answer immediately... Confusion, a powerful spell.

Looking around he tried to remember all the names that matched the faces of the people around him. They were gathering their weapons and saying prayers. Clerics were buffing Armsmen, and crafters were repairing weapons. They were going to war.

"Come!" cried Malohaut to his friends. "We must head out now at no delay!" The group forced themselves through the violent winds and rains as they neared the gate. No matter what was thrown at them, nothing would stop them from defending the frontier. Or so they thought. Almost immediatly, lightning struck in front of the part, then behind, then on the sides, bringing a deafening sound that send them cringing. The road beneath them gave way and they fell through Camelot into a blue nothingness. Yells and screams had no echo as they each descended further and further into the blue. Finally, they landed in what appeared to be invisible water, and each one struggled to stay afloat of this netherrealm, but one by one, each one lost consciousness and darkness overtook them.

Malohaut was one of the first to wake up. His first reaction was to the bright afternoon sun, but that was soon replaced by the painful pounding of his head. Slowly, the old wizard pulled himself to his feet and looked about in the forest. There, sprawled around him, was Jazmina the minstrel, Philippi and Zigafus the friars, and Seld and Sardis the sorcerers. All of them were still knocked out and breathing heavily as though in a deep sleep. His attention then turned to the forest itself, for it seemed strange and different. It wasn't forest sauvage, nor the camp forest. And these trees certainly weren't ones found in the frontier or in any of the realms, old or new. They weren't in Camelot or even Kansas for that matter. But where were they? Why are they there? And how could they ever get back in time to help defend their home? These were questions that would have to remain answerless for now as the wizard watched tenderly over his friends, wondering when they too would wake up.

Back