Toj hltv proxy

Goose62

ToJ | HLTV proxy :

68.58.108.89:27020

Max clients = 20

Admins can connect/view/record demos/and even exec rcon commands from this proxy.  Have phun
biggrin.gif

(pin this topic if needed)

Ya, I've requested that our server host add 1 slot (for a total of 17 slots) for admin purposes. That should be up and running (soon) with the ability of admins to join or just spectate! W00t! to g00se!

*slaps Z around with the book of ignorance*

I could use a link or something about this too...

***UPDATE***
Got a router so I got a new IP, hopefully it doesn't change again, but if the router starts making it a habit of changing, I'll probably shut the HLTV proxy down, too much of a hassle posting my new ip here, and too much of a hassle for you guys to come here to see if I have changed my ip.  So, here's my new ip :

68.58.108.89:27020

Oh, one more thing ... the default right now for the delay time is 30 seconds, so when you connect to the HLTV proxy, and watch what's going on, you're acutally looking at things that happened 30 seconds ago.  So, if you guys want me to change that to 0, I will, just lemme know.  B/c I know it's easier with rcon commands and stuff, to catch things that happen in realtime, instead something like this :  A guy that people says is cussing ... you jump on HLTV and view him, and you see him cuss and type out rcon admin_command admin_tsay Please stop cussing.  Then after he cusses, 30 seconds later, he sees this message, asking him to stop cussing, instead of instantly, lol.  That seems confusing.  Anyways, I'll change it to 0 delay time if you guys want.

Goose - go ahead and change it to 0 delay time. That way they can join the HLTV proxy and see the real-time action.

I just received word the minimum amount of delay is 8 seconds, so you'll see what happened 8 seconds ago. I guess it's still better than 30 seconds tho
smile.gif
I'll change it to 8 seconds.

As many of you know, I run the ToJ | HLTV proxy from my computer.  Now, I know it's not the fastest computer or anything, but it works for now.  I'm writing this post to see if there's someone out ther in ToJ that has a spare machine, around the 500 Mghz region, that can run the ToJ | HLTV proxy 24/7.  B/c I have to shut mine down everytime I wanna play a game, b/c of my fps's.  I think a 24/7 one would be very beneficial.  We could use it for scrims, matches, blah blah.  It wouldn't be hard at all, I'll give you everything I have, so all you have to do is click an icon to get it running.  So, post here if you think you can run a 24/7 HLTV proxy from your SPARE computer.  I'd like for our HLTV proxy to be one of the only programs running on this machine, b/c of the laggyness.  Thanks guys
biggrin.gif

I wanted to do something with this old box I have lying around. Pentium 100 mhz, something like 70 meg of ram. I could set it up with a light linux distribution and, ack, too much work, and probably not powerfull enough. Although getting that box to run linux would be cool, plus I need an ISA Ethernet card if I want it to work.

Do you mean laggy, as in taking up your PC's resources or laggy as in bandwidth laggy? If it is the latter, we will need to find someone who has more than a DSL or cable connection, one with the same upload and download.

Laggy in terms of the PC's resources ... I'm pretty sure it doesn't take up too much of your bandwidth, but if we get like TONS of spectators, then we'll have an issue with bandwidth.

i may have an extra computer that i could get running again. its an athlon 800 with 256 megs, 2 gig harddrive. bare bones. all i used to use it for was hosting quake 3 games. but now it needs a new power source. how much bandwidth would be required, because i noticed when i hosted quake i would have good pings up untill about 5-6 ppl joined then they would get pretty bad? its HLTV pretty bad with that?

I'm not quite sure, b/c I always shut my HLTV proxies down whenever I play. But I take a look at my network performance when I do have them up, and they don't take a lot of bandwidth. If anything we could always run alittle test with about 5 or so people. Lemme know, sounds like a pretty nice machine for a spare (better than mine as my PRIMARY!!! grr).

Back