Thursday February 23, 2012

the_great_eskimo_pie

Former Official Thread Killer
1 Samuel 26: 8-9 said:
8 Abishai said to David, "Today God has delivered your enemy into your hands. Now let me pin him to the ground with one thrust of my spear; I won't strike him twice."
9 But David said to Abishai, "Don't destroy him! Who can lay a hand on the LORD's anointed and be guiltless?

Abishai probably thought David was absolutely crazy when he stopped him from killing Saul. What he saw was "Look! the enemy of David, my King, lies before me! God must have put him here just for this moment. I can save my king and help give him his kingdom in a single blow."

Yet David knew better. Even though Saul was in sin, the anointing of God was still there and David would not break that. He knew God would take care of Saul in his own time.

Knowing the wisdom of a situation despite what the initial circumstances are is difficult as Abishai shows. What he thought in an instant was God's providence was really a test for David. Sometimes any situation is not what it seems.

Sometimes it is hard waiting on God when we see a quick solution to the problem. Thanks for the reminder.

Ya quick solutions without God's leading have a tendency to turn around and bite real hard.

Back